Accountant - GL
• To perform general ledger journal entries timely and accurately
• To prepare general month end ledger reports for month-end closing
• To monitor/Process daily bank statements
• To perform daily transitory accounts clearing and monthly bank reconciliation
• To perform fixed asset capitalization, disposal, transfer and retirement activities
• To generate monthly fixed asset reports
• To ensure monthly manual recharges are issued timely and accurately (e.g. SLA recharges)
• To perform monthly inter-company reconciliations and confirmations in line with DPDHL IC guidelines
• To support the analytical review (balance sheet and profit & loss)
• To prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations for specific account ranges in line with the DHL Express Regional Operating Model. Ensure that all relevant backups are stored in the appropriate location.
• To provide support for internal Financial Accounting control policies and procedures (CRISP controls)
• To provide support for quality control of outsourced Financial Accounting activities
• To ensure the financial accounts (balance sheets, P&L and Notes) are kept in line with IFRS, Deutsche Post DHL policy and guidelines, and the DHL Express Regional Operating Model.
• To support the audit process (internal and external) in the most efficient way
• To maintain and validate documentation: SOP's, job aids, process flows, contingency plans and Period-end timetables.
• To support continuous improvements in the financial accounting processes, based on First Choice and LEAN methodology and principles.
• ACCA Level 2 and or Degree in Finance/Accounting
Expected (Years of) Experience:
• 2 to 5 years of working experience, preferably in the finance accounting field
• Experience with Oracle/SAP/SUN applications and data extraction tools like Oracle Discoverer is an asset
• Strong command in MS Office, especially MS Excel
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn