Sr. Analyst, Strategic Pricing
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities.DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Grow YOUR career with DHL today…
The Sr. Analyst, Strategic Pricing is responsible for identifying, developing and implementing pricing and yield management policies, programs and strategies on a country basis. This role advises and supports all stakeholders in the deployment of new products, services, price structures, selling guidelines, and other initiatives aimed at improving overall company profitability; initiatives may be cross-functional and across business unit. The Sr. Analyst also sets and implements published rate structure and establishes discount guidelines as a basis for Sales offer creation of customer pricing plans.This position also provides ongoing analysis of lane and customer shipping volumes to monitor and determine effectiveness and profitability of pricing strategies and tactics in order to grow business and maximize yield.The Sr. Analyst will manage discount policy and identifies opportunities and procedures for improving yield of existing customers and designs and develops tools, models, and reports to support Sales and Pricing.Additionally, the Sr. Analyst follows industry developments and competitor pricing strategies that influence pricing structures and provides tactical and strategic advice.
- Sr. Analyst, Pricing & Yield Management, creates and maintains an environment where data and processes are accurate, up-to-date, accessible, secure and continually evolving to meet business needs.
- Develops, implements, monitors and reports on tools and processes to support Pricing, Sales, Marketing and Billing on a country and regional basis.
- Communicates and coordinates projects that involve cross-departmental and/or cross functional team members; works very closely with Sales and Billing.
- Regularly compiles and analyzes network and customer shipping volumes, revenue and profitability reporting as a basis for decision making.
- Measures and enforces compliance to pricing guidelines and policies.Conducts market analysis, competitor analysis, network capacity analysis, profitability analysis, and revenue simulation.Suggests and implements programs and action plans for optimal pricing based on analysis.Supports published and program rate implementations.
- Participates in meetings with stakeholders to discuss issues, direction and solicit viewpoints.Develops and supports tools and reporting to facilitate and improve information flow and processes.
- Unique Leveling Criteria.An analytical minded, technically oriented, multi-tasking capable individual with ability to take project from concept to implementation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, VBA and ACCESS database required.
- May provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to less-experienced pricing professionals.
Independently performs assignments to achieve stated objective. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
May oversee the completion of projects or assignments, including; planning, assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. May contribute to employees' professional development.
Performs advanced level professional work. Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
Skill & Qualifications:
- Experienced Professional contributor with responsibility for an advanced area of work in the professional field.
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline and 5-8 years of experience in related field or MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field.
- Professional certification required in some areas.
Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds). Requires manual dexterity and visual and hearing acuity. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or work station. Tasks are regularly performed inside without potential for exposure to adverse conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, fumes and/or poor ventilation, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, machinery and/or moving vehicles, vibrations, electric currents, animals/wildlife, toxic/poisonous agents, gases or chemicals, oils and other cutting fluids, violence and/or disease, or pathogenic substances.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or
any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn