Material Handling Project Sr Manager
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Grow YOUR career with DHL today…
Material Handling Project Senior Manager
This position supports the Americas Infrastructure Team in the Network Operations Department and it is key to accomplish initiatives set forth in our Regional Strategy. This role has a significant impact in Project Management and Infrastructure Engineering as well as acts as a trusted partner for Senior Leadership. This role will independently manage a portfolio of projects that leverage material handling systems, emerging trends and technologies that will support the growth in the Americas Region.
Will be responsible for entire projects with considerable scope and impact to various business units. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve objectives would typically result in noticeable program delays and considerable expenditure of resources to rectify.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Your main objectives are to identify, develop and lead projects ensuring that they are completed on time, within budget and to the agreed specifications.
- You will be responsible for driving projects to completion that support DHL’s sustainability agenda and strengthens our relationships with key customers and partners.
- You will lead and manage the development of solutions that meet project goals and or changing requirements, this will include multiple work-streams and projects.
- You will manage business and project risks, including the development of contingency plans according to the needs of the projects being managed.
- You will apply your expertise to manage innovation pilots from the initial project scoping to delivery and implementation and scalability.
- You will define business requirements for integration of innovative solutions including changes to current equipment and facility designs to ensure business needs as met and enhanced.
- You will communicate, interface and work with various business units to achieve defined goals.
- You will liaise with the Regional and Global Infrastructure teams to help develop and communicate Engineering and Infrastructure Standards and Design principles.
- You will present and gain agreement for Engineering projects approval and concept buy-in
- You will plan the development, implementation and execution of the programs upon approval.
- You will manage business and project risks, including the development of contingency plans according to the needs of the program.
- You will report regularly on the programs and projects to facilitate a culture of shared learnings and best demonstrated practices throughout the Region and Globally.
- You will work closely with the America Innovation Center as a champion for DHL Express Americas.
Skills and Qualifications
- Inspired, open-minded and outgoing in character
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for innovation and new technologies
- Innovative skills to advance the engineering infrastructure and equipment currently in place as well as the ability to bring new ideas to the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business, Mechanical Engineering, or Technical Field required; Advanced degree a plus
- Strong knowledge of Excel would be an advantage
- Wide range of computer programs such as AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- A minimum of 5 years senior experience within an engineering discipline including at least 2 years as a project manager
- Proven ability to deliver complex engineering solutions
- Experience in automation of parcel sorting systems
- Good understanding of equipment and infrastructure
- Experience in Material Handling Design software such as AutoCAD required
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills, certification in project management related subject (PRINCE2)
- Ability to assess business cases and business processes
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in an analytical and structured manner
- Fluency in English required, Spanish language skills would be a significant advantage
- Experience working in Latin America would be a significant advantage
International mindset; willing to travel
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Facts and Figures
<25% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn