Customer Service Performance Excellence Manager
RCS Level: J or P4
Support in developing, executing and managing regional customer service initiatives ensuring focus on performance excellence and improving customers’ experience through vital customer touch points. To support country business imperatives and strategic plans in alignment with DHL’s global / regional strategy.
- Function as the key contact point for customer escalation issues, for serious shipment related incidents and follow up on issues assigned by the CS Director.
Regional Customer Service
- Manage all service related KPI targets through effective management of the Customer Service function in the countries.
- Monitor and measure Countries’ performance against agreed targets and ensure that reports are consistently analyzed to identify BDPs for sharing as well as opportunities for improvement for action, and provide appropriate guidelines and recommendation to Countries.
- Manage and support deployment activities to meet agreed deadlines and achieve business objectives.
Regional Office – Other Functional Groups
- Acts as the catalyst and focal contact point for the customer service in the designated Area, coordinating and facilitating customers’ service-related matters to ensure issues and concerns are reflected at the regional group level and initiatives and projects are completed on time and have achieved targeted goals
- Assist other managers in the team in identifying, developing and implementing programs when required.
Country Customer Service Team
- Conduct service performance audits to identify strengths, best demonstrated practices and areas for performance improvements to drive service excellence, productivity improvements and cost savings.
- Conduct / facilitate the post-implementation reviews to assess the success of the initiatives and or projects and are in line with regional guidelines.
- Manage contact center efficiently and effectively in order to meet customer’s expectations proactively via phone, mail, fax, email or website, whilst adhering to stipulated service level agreements.
- Develop and deploy creative service recovery initiatives to restore confidence in the event of service failure and trace management at the customer care department.
- Provide countries and management with deployment status reports, KPI reports and other required information to demonstrate status of deployed / implemented initiatives to create a learning and information sharing environment so that initiatives, services, solutions and particularly best demonstrated business practices, can be shared and reused across the region.
Region Functional and Geographic Organizations
- Understand global, regional and country business requirements and gather and document system requirements for applications identified to support business processes.
- Manage cross-functional activities to drive service improvement based on root cause analysis of surveys, customer claims & complaints and customer focus group.
- Identify key requirements for technology support, product solution and systems tool deployment program
- “Customer Service Excellence” in countries to achieve a clear customer leadership position in order to create customer loyalty and market leadership.
Country CS Directors / Managers
- Identify and agree with country CS Directors/Managers on KPIs and their measurement for service excellence initiatives.
Business Development and Management
- Ensuring timely implementation and tracking of CS initiatives in Quality and Performance Tracking initiatives in a constantly changing environment with changing priorities, necessitating frequent trade-offs while maintaining a positive response
- Initiate continuous improvement to processes and systems in service provision and service recovery through frequent and scheduled audits and analysis of service incidents and complaints.
- Plan and recommend resource requirements needed to provide necessary support services in the event of field pilots, field deployments.
Driving Customer Service Excellence
- Lead and drive customer satisfaction to “best-in-class” standards of customers using the contact center for their business transactions with DHL, so as to establish a competitive advantage in the business.
- Drive and improve performance of the countries to achieve service excellence through regular audits, remote support, action plan development and follow up.
- Analyze, plan and provide recommendations on the scope of the initiatives, costs and benefits, potential issues with initiatives on hand / under discussion or development / deployment.
- Create a learning and information sharing environment so that initiatives, services, solutions and particularly best demonstrated business practices, can be shared and reused across the region.
- Reduce the cost of doing business by leveraging technology, redefining or eliminating manual and redundant business processes.
Skills / Qualifications
- 7 years experience in Customer Service in the express/logistics industry or with similar business experience and with at least 5 years involved in contact center management.
- 3 years experience in a quality assurance / analytical role.
- Experience in a regional role would be advantageous.
- Proven experience of developing a team in cross-cultural environment.
- Must be able to show successful project management experience.
- COPC registered coordinator certification with experience leading a center through COPC certification would be an advantage.
- Customer Service Quality Management skills (excellent)
- Communication skills, spoken & written (excellent)
- Presentation skills (excellent)
- Project Management skills (excellent)
- Facilitation & training skills (excellent)
- Software skills (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Software skills (GCCU, Customer Contact Centre systems, e.g. ACD, PABX, CRM, IVR, Workforce Management Systems, Quality Monitoring Systems, etc.) (working knowledge)
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills (excellent)
- Leadership skills (excellent)
- Analytical, organizational and motivational skills (excellent)
- People Management skills (excellent)
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
DHL Express Regional Office Americas
Work Permit Required
Day time only