- Support the design/ co-design and administer country retail strategy and roadmap that will ensure business objectives are met together with revenue and growth targets.
- Design & formulate tangible programs & tools that will help meet the channel’s revenue, volumes and profitability expectation
- Lead the development, optimization & management of Retail Outlets (both DHL owned & 3rd party)
- Lead in the prospecting, analysis and choosing 3rd party resellers or partners and ensure that these partners present DHL in the best way possible.
Regional Commercial & Retail Sales Team
- Implement strategic actions plans initiated by regional and global teams in order to optimally meet revenue targets
- Accountable for achieving all KPIs given by regional retail team through effective management of channel’s function
- Competitive intelligence - Maintain awareness of competitor activity and recommend tactics to counter any emerging threats
3rd Party Resellers
- Explore and evaluate strategic 3rd party alliances, relationships or technologies to further expand DHL’s customer accessibility
- Establish trusting and mutually beneficial relationships to tap on the retailers’ network and location to provide DHL products and services to end consumers.
Head of Commercial
Customer Research and Planning Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Operations Managers
- Consult with & provide directions (he/she is too junior to provide direction, such a responsibility lies with the regional team instead) to the different country teams to ensure retail strategies meet revenue targets and business objectives
- Demonstrate and inculcate a thorough and rigorous cross-functional understanding of the express business, particularly in the area of Sales processes, marketing disciplines and operational procedures, crucial to the successful conception, design and implementation of programs and initiatives.
Global HQ, Regional Commercial & Other Functional Groups
- Aligning retail strategy with the directional focus of Regional and Global retail & cooperate with other Commercial functions to ensure that group objectives are met
- A catalyst for business improvement initiatives & representing Retail as a Subject Matter Expert in cross-functional projects
- Alignment to global and regional physical channels directions to ensure implementation of strategy in country and projection of consistent brand image and value in markets
Retail Business Strategy
- Take leadership & ownership in the design of all country-focused Retail Business strategy, initiatives and programs
- Directly accountable for the execution & business performance in own country market
- Develop pricing strategies which encourage profitable growth
- Maintain awareness of competitor activity and recommend tactics to counter any emerging threats by competitors on both an Area and Local level.
- Facilitate BDPs exchanges between country retail and regional retail for the regionalisation of practices or new revenue opportunities where appropriate
Retail Sales & Retail Outlets
- Ownership for Retail revenue generation (sales& Marketing) programs that will directly drive the segment’s revenue & profitability
- Conduct retail footprint project for retail channel footprint optimisation and expansion, as well as the effective management, running and development of the physical outlets through structured processes and audit reviews
- Ensure effective management & performance of Retail Sales Desk
- Review and analyse the most effective uses of shipment automation and customer take up at Point-of-Sale (POS)
- Providing accurate updates to Management regarding channel performance, strategic development and results of programs & initiatives.
- Conduct regular retail audits and reviews with regional retail to identify issues and help country optimise performance
- Develop proactive and reactive strategies and tactics to deal with issues and problems
- Develop clear sales processes, which enhance the service offering to our customers, and are aligned to the Regional & Global Sales Process.
- Manage Retail Budget and Tracking and responsible for ensuring that allocation of resources maximize return on investment
- Develop and inculcate a high performance service culture within the functional department. Plan, organise and support an efficient and effective team of retail professionals in countries.
- Manage and infuse a close-knit team spirit and working relationship with the virtual team of cross-countries/cross-functional stakeholders
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled team
- Coach and develop strong skills and capabilities of subordinate(s).
- Contribute to the team effectiveness of cross- functional projects.
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, resourcefulness and empathy.
- Analyzes and resolves complex cross-functional issues.
- Well-developed relationship skills and ability to network with multiple levels of an organization and other business units.
- Highly developed experience in the field of retail sales and marketing with demonstrated understanding of and exposure to all elements of the marketing mix and consumer behaviour concepts
- Ability to effectively conceptualise, plan & implement successful strategy & initiatives
- Ability to align qualitative thinking to quantitative analysis in order to reach and justify a strategic or tactical decision
- Team-player and proven leadership and influencing skills
- Strong English (written & spoken) comprehension & communication skills are essential
- 5 years of sales and marketing experience with at least 2 years in a managerial position
- Demonstrated achievement in developing and implementing strategic sales & marketing programs, with experience in driving above and below the line marketing activities
- Strategic planning experience in services or consumer marketing
- Experience in sales, sales process and channel management with P&L responsibility
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of the Retail outlet management and network optimisation, preferably from a service perspective.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Express industry.
- Strong career support in an international environment.
- Great culture and colleagues.
- Multifarious benefit programm.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn