Operations Supervisor (DXS)
Supervise (on a daily basis) a ground/area operations team on a rostered shift basis ensuring that shipments enter and exit the country in accordance with network procedures and transit time standards.
- Maintain good working relationships with exterternal customers.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with external customers.
- Assist to keep performance and meet target
- Problem Shooting and Improvement
- Ensure all service being provided by external vendors meet DHL’s requirement.
- Ensure hand over processes of shipments and paperwork are normally operated.
- Special Request handling
- Communication for daily working process.
Supervision of Operations
- Organise appropriate shifts and manning levels to meet business requirements.
- Ensure incoming shipments are recovered, “break bulked”, inspected and cleared in the quickest, most efficient manner possible.
- Manage receipt and lodgement of outbound shipments from country operations to ensure timely departure and uplift.
- Ensure accurate sorting and optimum loading of all inbound & outbound shipments.
- Monitor ground handler and warehouse provider performance and complete all necessary reports.
Safely and Quality Assurance
- Ensure safe working practices and environment within the shift.
- Participate in quality policy and initiatives e.g. ISO.
- Develop a high performance service culture within the functional department.
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Consult performance appraisal.
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global, Regional and Country objectives and targets.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
Now, here's what we need from you:
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, resourcefulness and empathy. Analyzes and resolves complex cross-functional issues.
- Well-developed relationship skills and ability to network with multiple levels of an organization and other business units.
- Software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong Negotiatio Skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Have a detailed understanding of the operations business model.
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn