HR Shared Services Analyst
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Grow YOUR career with DHL today…
The key deliverables for this role include managing seamless delivery of all HR operational services, streamlining, standardizing and driving continuous improvement of all HR processes, expanding self-service capabilities and access to information tools, reporting and analytics. The position will be responsible for building a stronger infrastructure and a high performing team to support HR operations for DHL Express in the United States.
- Effectively review and process HR service requests and transactions related to one or more HR specialties with a high degree of accuracy and adherence to procedures.
- Manage the employment process with assistance in completing new hire paperwork and on-boarding including related payroll administration.
- Partner with HR Business Partners to facilitate knowledge transfer between Center of Excellence (COE) Personnel and Shared Services.
- Continuously evaluates existing work processes and prospective processes to ensure the most effective use of resources. Make recommendations for process improvements.
- Acts as the customer advocate for HR by representing the services in a positive manner. Proactively escalates issues to ensure the timeliest service.
- Leverages technology to reduce costs, improve effectiveness, maximize efficiencies, and enhance vendor relationships.
- Collaborates and engages HR leaders to ensure HR Shared Services is aligned with HRD strategic initiatives and plans. Partners with CoE’s, Business Partners and Corporate HR to identify opportunities of streamlining work by automating or building scalable service delivery models.
- Accountable for creating service standards/metrics for all offerings and ensuring all service standards are met as per agreed Service Level Agreements
- The ‘face’ of HR when it comes to answering HR related question from employees on site.
Nature of work requires increasing independence. Receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments that have direct impact on department and area results. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results may cause delays in program schedules and may require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of moderately complex assignments.
May provide general guidance/direction or train junior level personnel in Associate and Professional roles.
Performs professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly-defined issues. Identifies problems and possible solutions and takes appropriate action to resolve.
Skill & Qualifications:
- Intermediate-level professional contributor. Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline and 2-5 years experience in related field or MS/MA and generally 1-3 years of experience in related field.
- Professional certification is required in some areas. “Can do” attitude, results and customer oriented. Preferred Customer Service Skills. Extensive human resources operations and payroll knowledge.
- Ability to work independently, resourceful and self-sufficient. Ability to multi-task. Attention to detail and accountability.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point). Ability to work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn