Purchasing Team Manager - Project Management (Mandarin speaker)
- Implement and project manage new initiatives and projects in an international environment with regional scope. The responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Project manage, lead and implement additional new countries in a centralized model and related initiatives pertaining to purchasing process.
- Project scheduling, cost planning and milestones management.
- Overall support for the initial phase of implementation processes
- Monitor and establish controls and reporting capability in selected countries.
- Management and monitoring of deliverables according to set outcomes.
- Establish and manage quality and cost control
- Build good foundations with internal stakeholders and perform periodic feedback
- Applies legal frameworks to non-centralized purchasing and contracting activities
- Balances risk of non-compliance and efficiency
- Involvement in topics of non-compliance and regulatory matters within each new country
- Handle escalation according to pre-set matrix communications tool.
Detailed Role Description:
- Plan, execute, monitor and control project lifecycle with pre-set deliverables and timeline.
- Evaluating and making recommendations on available options as appropriate.
- Provide effective leadership to project management to ensure compliance with standards, processes and governance.
- Report, time management and resource allocation to ensure success and agreed deliverables.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of post-implementation in the purchase to pay process ensuring compliance with global, regional and local procedures and policies, especially in the for the following area: Processing of purchase requisitions, issuance of purchase orders, receipt of requested goods / services, open status monitoring, supplier performance, backend support activities, catalog workflow and system maintenance
- Establish close contact with business units in multiple countries to ensure actual and future knowledge of internal demand and service quality
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction through regular validation and implementation of new purchasing workflow
- Ensure successful integration between old and new countries under management for purchasing processes
- Ensure effective cooperation between region and country under management and sourcing community
- Relevant university degree and / or equivalent experience
- More than 5 years of relevant experience with purchasing practices and procedures
- More than 2 years of establishing and delivering medium complex project.
- Relevant experience in working with diverse, cross-cultural, multi-language teams operating across different time zones.
- Has solid knowledge of sourcing strategy process and all procurement levers
- Has in-depth knowledge of purchasing processes in all aspects of procurement
- Proficiency in Mandarin and English (reading, writing & speaking) and having Korean, Japanese or Thai languages competency (conversant or writing) is an advantage.
- Experience in e-purchasing and usage of multiple systems and tools
- Well-versed in most computer-based IT proficiency (eg Microsoft Office suite - Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Familiarity of usage of any project suite, Gantt chart and Visio knowledge are important.
- Ability to travel extensively to countries of support, new setup and global meetings (as and when conditions permit)
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Being Results Oriented – Supports others to understand company strategy and goals, help them to translate those in tangible objectives, made measureable contribution on promised results in a focused and disciplined way.
- Leveraging Strengths – Fully realized own potential and the potential of others, encouraged to grow and actively foster personal and career development. Embraced diversity and inclusion. Promote an open and honest feedback culture.
- Providing Purpose – Impressed others deeply by showing appreciation in the work of the team, by promoting collaboration towards stakeholders and leveraging his/her deep connection with the company purpose to others around him/her.
- Having and Creating Trust – Exemplified high integrity and reliability by following behavioural standards in alignment with our compliance rules and created a sense of unity and safety in a diverse company.
- Focusing on Clear Priorities – Provided a clear direction on what to focus on, took clear-cut decisions for the area of responsibility and aligned the team/organization to work on shared priorities.
- Being Positive about Challenges, Uncertainty and Changes - Championed turning initial challenges and setbacks into final success, kept team‘s spirit high and empowered others to embrace change. He/She anticipates change by visualizing future issues or opportunities and by preparing for them.
- Application of Legal Standards & Policies – Laws and regulations; company rules policies and principles, Procurement policies
- Sourcing Strategy & Category Management – Sourcing strategy development; category ownership and management
- Supplier Management & Market Knowledge – Supplier management; supplier market knowledge; innovation management
- Procurement Tactics – Procurement levers (e.g. RFP / RFI management); procurement tactics; communication and decision process
- Negotiation – Negotiation theory and concepts; negotiation process, principles, styles, tactics and power considerations; advanced concepts (e.g. Game theory)
- Contract & Risk Management – Contract management process, roles and tools; handling of uncertainties around contracts; risk types and factors; assessment process and KPIs, mitigation options and actions
- Purchase to Pay Processes & Operations – Tactical purchasing, purchasing support
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn