Supervisor / Team Leader - Billing
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia DHL Express 2000A28 4. January, 2021Apply
To lead and ensure correct, complete and timely billing and the required reporting and reconciliation.Ensure compliance with OTC policies and standard processes as per agreed SLA.
- Create and safeguard the resource planning for the own team. Support the team in the daily group priorities and ensure allocation and scheduling of workload to optimize team effort towards the set targets.
- Plan, assess and review day to day resource availability (e.g. absence and sickness) of own team, to ensure the continuity of the team output in line with agreed volume metrics.
- Drive continuous on-the-job-training and coaching of team members in order to maximize an individual’s performance and development.
- Deputize in the absence of the Manager and ensure the operational management of the team is effectively maintained.
- Assists the Manager in managing and evaluating direct reports on a day-to-day basis, and ensuring follow-up action is taken.
- Drive process improvements within the respective team, in order to contribute to increased efficiency and quality of the operational environment and a lower cost base.
- Ensure the team works and adheres to agreed procedures, to ensure on-going standardization of work practices, to protect efficiency gains achieved within the department.
- Suggest and stimulate the improvement of processes within the team, in order to contribute to increase efficiency, completeness and quality of Billing.
- Make on-going contribution to the created work instructions for the respective work area, ensuring same are audited on a frequent basis to keep them continuously aligned and up to date.
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and according to prescribed deadlines.
- Act as a first point of escalation to help other team members solve operational issues that block their progress in achieving their targets.
- Coordinates weekly, month-end closing activities and reporting according to agreed deadlines.
- Being able to coordinate and manage assigned projects by billing management e.g. LEAN and First Choice.
- Develop a high performance service culture within the functional department.
- Plan, organize and direct and efficient and effective functional department.
- Develop IKOs/KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance.
- Consult performance appraisal.
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of Global, Regional and Country objectives and targets.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree Holder or equivalent by experience.
- 2-4 years experience in a Finance/SSC environment
- Experience with Supervising and motivating employees
- Analytical skills
- Good knowledge in GSOP policies and DHL Billing systems
- Language Skills: fluent in English, spoken and written other languages are a preference
- Software skills – Microsoft office
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn