Senior Associate – Export Compliance
Denied Parties Screening / Sanctions Screening
- Review Denied Parties valid match shipments / vendors / employees / customer accounts against the UN, EU and US OFAC Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) lists of restricted parties and various country lists *
Confirms in the relevant systems with the results and actions taken in review of the valid match shipments
- Escalate all confirmed valid match shipment records to Supervisor and relevant country DP/SS management contact person(s)
- Review the received L2 escalations on sanction / embargo screening from countries against the UN, EU & any other applicable national sanctions restrictions.
- Review all documents available in the network including sanction letters and shipment detail received and escalate to countries if there is any missing document or data as per GSOP in order to obtain full documents for completion of investigation.
- Escalate to next level (Supervisor / Manager) on any suspicious contents detected during the review.
- Based on the feedback / discussion from the Supervisor communicate with countries on outcome (e.g. RTO. Release of shipment).
- Perform monthly audit on L1 sanctions screening performed by AP OB countries to ensure all shipments screened as per policy and regulations.
- Provides support and advise to relevant country Denied Parties and Sanctions management contact person(s)
- Assist as directed by Supervisor / Manager in the research and review of escalated valid match shipment records
- May be involved in other trade compliance related activities of CRA Asia Pacific.
* Detailed instructions on the review and escalation are to be found in the Global SOP Denied Parties (Shipment) Reference Guide
Service Quality / Performance Management
- Conduct internal quality audit on team operational tasks, ensuring all audited shipment is screened in accordance with GSOP and Reference Guide.
- Review updates on global sanctions regulations (e.g. OFAC, BIS, UN, EU) and local regulations.
- Periodic review of all internal work instructions / internal SOP to ensure all updated processes are documented accordingly for all processes.
- Manage internal training end-to-end process of planning, reviewing the training material, execute training session to the team, and pre & post training administration job.
- Prepare and provide team performance analysis (performance dashboard) as defined frequency (daily, weekly, and monthly) for management review and discussion.
- Perform regular analysis on Denied Parties and Sanctions Screening related process to identify the compliance gaps / error trend in the team and networks and discuss with relevant parties for improvement.
- Prepare and provide forecasting analysis to assist team capacity management.
- Prepare and provide ad-hoc analysis required by the Management
- Involve, and contribute and any system testing organized by IT or any designated team related to Denied Parties and Sanctions Screening
- Provide support and advice to operational teams and countries in matter of compliance
- Able to work quickly and accurately in high pressure environment under limited supervision
- High attention to details
- Able to perform detailed validation / research in multiple internal IT systems, internet, internal databases and hard copy files / documents
- Good analytical skills to identify process gap and to understand Sanctions guidelines and regulations.
- Vertical and lateral thinking
- Self-motivated, willingness to constantly have self-development
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written
- Strong team player
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn