Manager (Special Function) - Procurement (Korean / Japanese Speaker)
Overall Role Purpose:
Manages all special continuous improvement initiatives as set by management across Asia Pacific purchase processes and meet customer satisfaction. This includes but not limited to:
- Provide leadership for any regional initiatives related to regional purchasing teams
- Manage, roll out and execute the new processes while ensuring compliance with global, regional and local procedures and policies
- Establish and manage quality and cost control
- Reporting and monitoring overall performance and KPIs post implementation of new initiatives
- Build good foundations with internal stakeholders and perform periodic feedback
- Applies legal frameworks to complex procurement and contracting activities
- Balances risk of non-compliance and efficiency in relation to the new initiatives
- Understood DPDHL / divisional / procurement strategies
- Possess industry and market specific knowledge across a few categories
- Handle escalation according to pre-set matrix communications tool.
- Drives and executes new and additional initiatives for operational purchasing processes.
- Monitor effectiveness of the new initiatives in relation with the general purchasing processes, which may impact the efficient purchase-to-pay process for the region, inclusive but not limited to:
1. Small contracts value execution
2. Additional languages onboarding
3. Ordering, purchasing and receipt system implementation
4. Status monitoring
5. eCatalog implementation
- Periodic reporting of pre- and post-implementation effect on all stages of processes
- Adhere to overall sourcing, purchasing and implementation processes governance
Dealing with Key Stakeholders / Business Partners:
- Establish close contact with business units in multiple countries to ensure actual and future knowledge of internal demand and service quality
- Ensure internal customer satisfaction through regular validation and implementation of new purchasing workflow
- Ensure successful integration between old and new countries under management for purchasing processes
- Ensure effective cooperation between region and country under management and sourcing community
Relevant university degree and / or equivalent experience
- More than 5 years of relevant experience with purchasing practices and procedures
- More than 2 years of implementing new initiatives in a setting of a diverse, cross-cultural, multi-language team operating across different time zones
- Require experiences of handling complex organisation structure, with multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Require experiences working within shared service centre supporting large global logistics company.
- Relevant experience in commercial functions and in purchasing role
- Has solid knowledge of sourcing strategy process and all procurement levers
- Has in-depth knowledge of purchasing processes in all aspects of procurement
- Experience in e-purchasing and usage of multiple systems and tools
- Well-versed in most computer-based IT proficiency (eg Microsoft Office suite - Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Ability to travel extensively to countries of support, new setup and business meetings (as and when conditions permit)
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Being Results Oriented – Supports others to understand company strategy and goals, help them to translate those in tangible objectives, made measureable contribution on promised results in a focused and disciplined way.
- Leveraging Strengths – Fully realized own potential and the potential of others, encouraged to grow and actively foster personal and career development. Embraced diversity and inclusion. Promote an open and honest feedback culture.
- Providing Purpose – Impressed others deeply by showing appreciation in the work of the team, by promoting collaboration towards stakeholders and leveraging his/her deep connection with the company purpose to others around him/her.
- Having and Creating Trust – Exemplified high integrity and reliability by following behavioural standards in alignment with our compliance rules and created a sense of unity and safety in a diverse company.
- Focusing on Clear Priorities – Provided a clear direction on what to focus on, took clear-cut decisions for the area of responsibility and aligned the team/organization to work on shared priorities.
- Being Positive about Challenges, Uncertainty and Changes - Championed turning initial challenges and setbacks into final success, kept team‘s spirit high and empowered others to embrace change. He/She anticipates change by visualizing future issues or opportunities and by preparing for them.
Additional Procurement Functional Specific Competencies
- Application of Legal Standards & Policies – Laws and regulations; company rules policies and principles, Procurement policies
- Sourcing Strategy & Category Management – Sourcing strategy development; category ownership and management
- Supplier Management & Market Knowledge – Supplier management; supplier market knowledge; innovation management
- Procurement Tactics – Procurement levers (e.g. RFP / RFI management); procurement tactics; communication and decision process
- Negotiation – Negotiation theory and concepts; negotiation process, principles, styles, tactics and power considerations; advanced concepts (e.g. Game theory)
- Contract & Risk Management – Contract management process, roles and tools; handling of uncertainties around contracts; risk types and factors; assessment process and KPIs, mitigation options and actions
- Purchase to Pay Processes & Operations – Tactical purchasing, purchasing support
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn