Manager - Internal Controls
Manage requirement on Internal Controls assessment for the legal entities being serviced in Asia Pacific Shared Service Centre using the Express DHL Internal Control Framework.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, and mitigating risks for all owned processes in collaboration with Global, Process Tower, Regional and relevant Risk Owners.
- Plan, lead and perform structured operational and management internal control reviews, identify gaps and opportunities for process improvements.
- Improve and value-add to the organisation by bringing a strong defence approach to the effectiveness of risk management, assurance and internal control processes.
- Engage and support colleagues on designing a sustainable solutions for control deficiencies.
- Lead engagement on internal and external audits for audit planning,
- Participate in special reviews, cross-border discussions and projects when required.
- Demonstrate DHL leadership attributes.
- Develop high performance service culture within the department.
- Manage allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of team’s objectives and targets.
- Influence to enable improvement and adapt change within the organisation.
- Gives Clarity and Guidance: Providing direction, delegating and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Encourage others to optimise on CSR opportunities to enhance the Group’s internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Formulate initiatives to implement ICF/CRISP Framework in Asia Pacific Shared Service Centre.
- Plan and manage control assessment based on the global requirements.
- Manage maintenance of local control attributes ensuring accurate and timely update in ICF tool.
- Develop and review test plan to provide a structure and disciplined approach to control testing.
- Lead review and align entities’ referencing updates with production team and timely communication with Global Internal Control.
- Manage outsourced central testing with established process and communication protocol.
- Develop awareness to inculcate a positive internal control culture to ensure strong compliance.
- Seek market standards and actively promote digitalisation and automation through efficient use of current tools and systems.
- Engage with the production team in APSSC to present overall assurance in control assessment and remediation plans.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related discipline or equivalent in experience.
- Minimum 4-5 years of relevant discipline and experience in SOX or risk based audit, compliance, internal control and risk management is preferred.
- Experience with IFRS, SAP, Oracle and GRC is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Process harmonisation and efficiency management.
- Digital and Data acumen.
- Result-oriented: Deliver agreed goals and deadlines, able to manage and prioritise multiple demands.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Financial accounting, HR, Compliance and IT and risk based auditing.
- Proficient in English, both oral and written.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication and presentation.
- Project management and experience is advantageous.
- Proactive and willing to explore resources to solve outstanding issues for closure.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with diverse groups and stakeholders of different levels.
- Risk identification and management is established in a transformative way that is future fit-for-purpose for a digital enabled platform.
- High professional standards and able to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Possess essential life-skills.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn