Junior Associate – Export Compliance
Overall Role Purpose
First line defence to identify suspicious elements in customer data that requires more comprehensive analysis todetermine whether it poses a risk to the network and thus needs to be blocked.
Denied Parties Screening
- Review Denied Parties high match shipments / vendors / employees / customer accounts against the UN, EU and US OFAC Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) lists of restricted parties and various country lists *
- Update relevant systems with the results and actions taken in the review of the high match shipments
- Escalate all potential valid match shipment records to Level 2 screeners for enhanced screening.
- Release on hold shipments not escalated to Level 2
- Assist as directed by DPSS Senior Agent / Supervisor / Manager in the research and review of escalated high match shipment records.
*Detailed instructions on the review and escalation are to be found in the Global SOP Denied Parties (Shipment) Reference Guide
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in compliance, sanctions screening (preferable).
- Diploma / Degree Holder from a reputable academic institution or equivalent by experience.
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Able to work quickly and accurately in high pressure environment under limited supervision.
- High attention to details.
- Able to perform detailed validation / research in multiple internal IT systems, internet, internal databases and hard copy files / documents.
- Vertical and lateral thinking.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), database and web-based applications.
- Self-motivated, willingness to constantly have self-development.
- Strong team player.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn