Associate - Record to Report
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia DHL Express 20003ET 8. July, 2020Apply
The job holder has to ensure that reports are completed in accordance with reporting deadlines set by Area and Regional Office (monthly, quarterly and annually) and internal accounting controls are reviewed periodically and make recommendations to enhance them further:
- Ensure all transactions (revenues, provisions, operating expenses etc) are recorded properly and in accordance with the definition set on DPDHL Accounting Manual and International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS).
- Review general or nominal ledger entries regularly to minimize if not eliminate adjusting entries and to detect any under or over statement of expenses on time.
- Analyze and compare month on month expenses to attain uniform distribution of cost during the year and make an accrual when appropriate to have consistency in reporting expenses.
- Prepare schedules to support balance sheet accounts and ensure that these are reconciled against general or nominal ledger balances immediately after month-end closing (i.e. fixed assets, prepayments, payroll reconciliation, accruals, duty transitory, GRIR reconciliation & etc). Back up all files as part of the disaster recovery plan.
- Ensure preparation and distribution of required financial and accounting reports, including management information, in a timely manner. Ensure that all reporting deadlines are consistently met.
- Organize and plans work schedules independently to meet service delivery level with minimum guidance and able to take appropriate actions to resolve issues independently without much supervision.
- Work according to internal controls (CRISP) requirement and ensure works are submitted on time to Team Leader or Team Manager for review.
- Educated to Diploma/Degree level with an appropriate Finance and/or Accounting major.
- Minimum 0-1 years’ experience in Finance.
- Good Knowledge of MS Office including strong command on MS Excel.
- Ability to use formal and informal methods to persuade and influence others.
- Establishing a course of action to accomplish specific goals.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to express well-thought concise and timely oral and written information.
- Good team player.
- Ability to effectively explore alternatives so as to reach common results.
- Demonstrating a high level of commitment, energy, resilience and tenacity in doing the job.
- Attention to detail.
- Tolerance to stress.
- Passion for delighting customers.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn