Air Export Agent
Job Title:Air Export Agent
Job Location: Orlando, FL
We have an exciting opportunity for an AIR EXPORT AGENT. You will be the main point of contact for planning and arranging the movement of shipments. You will work with suppliers, cartage providers, airlines and government agencies. This position will be based at our Orlando, FL location.
- Completes quotes, arranges pickup, and performs booking with the airlines
- Coordinate multiple shipments and activities throughout the day
- Timely processing of documentation according to Best Practice and Compliance guidelines
- Validate ‘Known’ Shipper status and ensures customer profiles are accurate prior to shipment processing
- Files EEI (Electronic Export Information) on behalf of the customer
- Provides regular updates to the customer regarding shipment status
- Audits and ensures invoicing of rendered services is accurate and within the agreed timeframe
- Responsible for shipment profitability (Costs vs Revenue)
- Follow-up with airline to track departure and arrival information
- Follow-up with overseas when necessary to meet delivery commitments
- Follow-up and addresses Operational Irregularities and takes corrective actions to improve service
- Meet all financial and performance KPIs
- Support Corporate Initiatives and station performance activities
- Collaborate and meet aggressive deadlines for various functional groups and partners
- Effectively communicate with vendors and suppliers
- Scan documentation to server
- Ability to occasionally lift & carry up to 25-50 lbs
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills / Requirements:
- Minimum of 6 years Export experience
- Experience with processing Dangerous Goods Shipments
- Experience with handling shipments licensed under Department of State or Department of Commerce
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to collect and organize resource information
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Logis Air / Cargo Wise systems knowledge is a plus
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Facts and Figures
DHL Global Forwarding US
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required