Operations Systems Analyst (US-O) - 1432 - Ontario CA WERC (Ontario, CA)
Operations Systems Analyst
Are you an Technology professional interested in automation and digitalization? Are you an energetic, problem solving leader looking for a fast-paced customer-centric environment?
Do you thrive working with internal and external customers; coordinating systems, project timelines and solutions? If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you!
Entry level role focused on warehouse management system (WMS) proficiencies and business acumen. Could serve as the WMS lead and performs business analytics for the site/region.
Site Warehouse Management System (WMS)
- Could serve as the WMS Super User for the site.
- Performs basic configuration of the WMS.
- Trains others on WMS functionality.
- Understands the WMS database structure.
- Understands system-specific coding languages.
- Collects and analyzes systems and operational data. Provides recommendations to improve efficiency of operations.
- Analyzes discrepancies and assists in the design of procedures to reduce/eliminate site impact.
- Conducts feasibility analyses on processes and equipment; calculates cost/benefit, identifies business impacts, and proposes solutions.
- Possesses an intermediate knowledge of SQL; Writes intermediate queries to include use of sub-queries, performs basic query optimization, indexing, and pivoting
- Possesses an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; uses advanced functionality (e.g. HLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Arrays), records macros and manipulates VBA code
- Creates, runs, and manipulates site management and/or customer reports.
- Develops and implements analytical tools that identify areas for improving service levels, reducing costs, and enhancing operations.
- Possesses a working knowledge of warehouse activities.
- Interfaces with the Operations Team to review operating procedures and maximize system efficiencies.
- Contributes to Cost Model development.
- Understands a warehouse layout with respect to the Cost Model and Customer Profile and contributes to its design.
- Understands basic zoning methodology with the ability to learn and become proficient.
Site Technical Support
- Serves as site liaison for internal and external systems-related groups.
- Troubleshoots and coordinates technical support for site operations and systems.
- Serves as site lead for systems implementations and modifications.
- Interfaces with the customer to identify and resolve systems issues and maximize productivity.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor degree in IT similar field or equivalent experience, required
• 1-3 years of transportation or logistics experience, or experience in a similar role, required
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn