Job Title:Export Coordinator
Job Location:Charlotte, NC
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at
We have an exciting opportunity for anExport Coordinatorto own and manage customer accounts’ daily operations. This position will be based at our Charlotte, NC location.
1.Respond to customer shipment pre-alerts within established time frame ensuring accuracy of shipment processing.
2.With assistance/guidance from Manager, maintain and share with customer as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
3.At the direction of the Manager, use personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in export activity and procedures.
4. With assistance from Manager, recommend Schedule B/HTS and ECCN for exports based on EAR regulations and customer business rules.
5. Perform in-depth audits of entry documents on a pre-determined schedule, identify and communicate errors to broker/customer, and partner with customer/broker to ensure sustainable error-free entry.
6. Assist with the preparation of relevant administrative reports in a timely and accurate manner, for example: performance metrics, open shipments report, NMEF export weekly document packets; and submit/track documents for notarization.
7. Support the Manager to research/communicate changes in the Tariff and export laws impacting the customer trade compliance program.
8. Liaise with the Manger and customer to establish and maintain effective and relevant export activities and support in relation to the customers overall operating functions.
9.Assist with documentation of procedures relevant to management of the specified customers’ trade compliance requirements.
10. Ensure service commitments are achieved and maintained in accordance with client and company objectives.
11. Completes coordination between all applicable parties for all air, ocean, or ground export shipments.
12. Ability to review Letters of Credits and communicate correct instructions as they apply to export documentation.
13.Ensure applicable activity logs for customer are updated timely/accurately
14.Prompt uploading of export bills of lading and timely closure of shipment
Skills / Requirements:Ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Detail oriented
- Professional and articulate communicator
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Aptitude for prioritization/multi-tasking
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
·Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
·Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
·401K plan with a match
·Employee Discount plan
·Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Facts and Figures
Radix Group International, Inc
No travel required