Pricing Specialist - Ocean Commercial Center – USA
Job Title:Ocean Freight Pricing Analyst
Job Location: Newark, New Jersey or Chicago, Illinois
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ocean Freight Pricing Analyst. In this role you will analyze and recommend appropriate pricing for DHL Ocean Freight products and services by conducting market analysis, competitor analysis, profitability analysis, and revenue simulations.
- Formulate timely and accurate responses to local pricing requests
- Analyzes and recommends appropriate pricing for DHL Ocean products and services for specific customers by applying guidelines, performing profitability analysis, and suggesting optimal pricing as well as routing of cargo
- Manage and update pricing for existing customers
- Manage and Maintain Top Client Rate Update Tracker files
- Work closely with Product and Sales Managers to develop strategies for new/ existing customers
- Provide pricing for Sales growth on country level, support and follow up with Sales
- Support execution of commercial strategy in country.
- Forecasts volume and revenue to use in financial and operational planning activities
- Ensure adequate opportunity prioritization, pricing, routing and solution design
(timely and quality wise) in alignment with Sales
Skills / Requirements:
- BS in Business or Logistics, or comparable work experience in the field.
- Minimum 2 year of Ocean freight transportation experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of ocean carrier contracts (forms and contracts)
- Strong understanding of world geography to optimize cargo routing
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel.
- Very strong analytical and communication skills
- Comfortable in speaking/presenting in front of internal and external customers
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects, working well under pressure
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Teamplayer – Willing to go above and beyond individually assigned tasks to help the team as a whole
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Facts and Figures
DHL Global Forwarding US
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required
Day time only