Director, Business Development, Key Account Management
What makes DHL great? Our people! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Delivery and Logistics Company in the world. We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Director, Business Development & Key Account Management.
- Manage relationship with a defined number of large and customers and prospects in a particular sector (serves as primary contact for the customer)
- Seek and prospect for new large customer targets to win new customers
- Ensure that activities are aligned with global/regional sector strategy Delivers the regional and/or country customer budget by maintaining a healthy pipeline, good contractual performance, and proactive thinking
- Work on regional customer initiatives and implements global customer business plan
- Collect relevant customer information for the RFI/RFP/RFQ and prepares documents for customer implementation in order to ensure proper operational handover and implementation to meet customer expectations (SLA's &
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline and 8-11 years of experience in a related field or MS/MA and generally 5-7 years of experience in related field.
- 3-5 years Freight Forwarding industry experience required
- Good communication and presentation skills, ideally selling experience in competitive markets
- High degree of self-confidence, initiative, and commitment
- Experience with strategic national/global customers
In addition, DHL offers the following:
• Paid time
• Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
• 401K plan with a match
• Employee Discount plan
• Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. Over 42,000 employees are employed by DGFF in approximately 150 countries around the world. Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
Our Vision:The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission:Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose:We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values:Respect & Results
Our Goals:Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Facts and Figures
DHL Global Forwarding US
Work Permit Required
Day time only