Account Rep Support (Non-Territory) - Long Island City, NY
DHL HAS BEEN CERTIFIED AS A 2019 TOP EMPLOYER FROM THE TOP EMPLOYERS INSTITUTE - COME WORK FOR THE BEST INTERNATIONAL COMPANY IN THE WORLD!
DHL Express is looking for aggressive “hunter” sales professional that will eventually be responsible down the road, for consulting and selling international logistics/transportation services to meet sales targets and generate revenue within an assigned territory. The position starts of as an “Account Support Representative” to the sales team and will maintain a high level of customer service with their existing customers and leverage those relationships to help them expand the business.
The Account Support Representative will also assist the team to develop new clients by prospecting and responding to business development leads. In addition, he/she will actively monitor and review customer global sales activity and make adjustments to processes and strategies as needed.
Key Accountabilities as an Account Sales Rep:
- Provide assistance to members of the sales team with proposals, lead generation, reporting and lead qualification
- Analyze reports and provide data to support administrative improvement initiatives
- Create reports based on current data to support management
- Provide sales support to the team members including, but not limited to tracking shipments for customers, identify records, draft correspondence, resolve customer complaints or issues, prepare presentations, participate in ride-a-longs, update CRM tracking system and other administrative duties
- Online searches and create lead generation initiatives
- Cold calling and profile potential customers
- Actively participate in planning meetings and events for the sales team
- Complete assigned projects as needed
Key Accountabilities (once you transition into sales):
- Sell profitable new key business within assigned territory by cold calling, cultivating leads and networking
- Make customized presentations to various decision making audiences to close new business
- Maintain and increase revenue streams with current key accounts in a specific territory, to include: face to face visits, problem solving and administrative follow-up
- Master extensive international knowledge of the DHL network and must use company tools, processes and technologies to manage/grow territory and document activity
- Ensure high post-sale satisfaction and positive long-term relationships
- Collaborate with Sales and Operations teams to maximize sales and revenue growth within territory
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability
Entry level professional contributor on a project or specialty work team. Typically requires BS/BA or related work experience in related discipline and 1-2 years of experience in related field.
Strong negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written)
Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (additional experience with a CRM system is preferred)
Successful academic and professional track record with solid achievements, rankings, or awards
Open to relocation within the US if job requires
Transportation industry, service solution sales, or international sales experience highly preferred
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn