Would you like to be part of the company that wherever you are in the world, you’re never far from one of our vans, trucks, warehouses, scooters, planes, boats or your colleagues?
At Deutsche Post DHL, we connect people, improve their lives across 220 countries worldwide and offer unparalleled expertise in logistics solutions as well as international mail services.
In our Procurement – Sourcing department we are specialize in strategic sourcing of goods, services and transportation capacities in order to ensure quality and reduce costs. Would you like to contribute to this? Are you keen to lead strategic supplier negotiations and identify new suppliers?
If this is something what interests you, read on:
Typical Scope & Complexities / Key Facts:
• Addressable scope –
• Spend - approx. 12 million EUR
• Focus – IT spend/category within DHL India entities
• Key Business Partners:
• DHL Express
• DHL Global Forwarding and DHL Global Service Center
• DHL Supply Chain
• DHL e-Commerce
• DHL IT Services
• Team Size etc.
• 0 Direct reports
Serving as Procurement Professionals:
• Develop, maintain and share thorough knowledge of:
- markets / category trends
- suppliers / regional players
• Develop local and contribute to regional and global category sourcing strategies and initiatives
• Prepare & lead strategic supplier negotiation with suppliers
• Prepare, conduct and lead tenders (incl. E-sourcing)
• Ensure effective implementation of DPDHL Procurement contracts
• Ensure (sourcing, purchasing, company) policy adherence of regional / local Business Partners
• Conduct local & regional supplier management
Acting as Influential Partners:
• Establish close relationships with regional/country BPs to ensure actual / future knowledge of demand and service quality; build and maintain solid understanding of respective business needs
• Ensure strong working relationship & cooperation with (in addition to Business Partners):
• region/country and corporate sourcing / category managers,
• strategic suppliers,
• Graduate (Commerce or Science stream)
• Additional qualification in IT or MBA or engineering degree/diploma, is an added advantage.
• 10+ years of relevant experience
• Sourcing experience of Information Technology related products and services, is a must. Familiarity in handling other indirect spend categories is preferred.
• Proven experience in leading negotiations of mid/large volume, high impact and with different degrees of complexity
• Experience in project management from sourcing perspective
Required Competencies & Skills:
DPDHL Core Competencies:
• Making Customers Successful - Business Partner relationship management; providing high quality service, Excellent business communication
• Shaping Direction- Strategic Thinking; Translating research, analysis into strategic solutions or approaches
• Driving High Performance – Clear/challenging objectives, regular progress review, delivering results, innovation & continuous improvement
• Developing Others – Providing feedback, Sharing experience & knowledge, team leadership & development
• Developing Self – Excellent interpersonal skills; Driving own career and development; Dynamic, self-motivated, self-driven style
Additional Procurement Critical Skills:
• Strategy & Category Management at a country level
• Participation in regional initiatives
• Supplier Management & Supplier Market Knowledge
• Procurement Tactics - RFP / RFI Management, Alternative Procurement Levers
• Negotiations skills
• Contract & Risk Management
• Procurement Processes & Policies
• Analytical and presentation skills
• Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) is a must.
• Amazing chance to drive and overlook Transport category within a country
• Close cooperation with the Head of Procurement and a team of other Sourcing Managers
• Outstanding opportunity, responsibility and as well a fantastic working environment
• Competitive salary and world class benefits
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Facts and Figures
DHL Finance, GBS Asia Pacific
Work Permit Required