Customer Accounting Manager
1. External: DHL Customers
Provide professional invoicing, credit control and debt collection services whilst maintaining good customer relations and experience
Ensure that the organizational structure is in place to facilitate the timely and error free production of invoices.
Ensure adequate customer credit evaluation, integrity and timely updation of Customer Master data
Ensure integrity of the invoicing process to ensure capture of all sales orders, their closure and that all invoices are raised within timelines to ensure completeness in invoicing
Ensure timely follow-up of customers’ accounts and prompt payment of outstanding balances.
Ensure that customer requests for additional information or credit notes are promptly and courteously dealt with.
Manage and ensure all receipts are handled on time and matched accurately so as to meet set targets
Ensure an efficient / effective Query Handling process by planning, organizing and directing to ensure that all queries are satisfactorily resolved within the agreed target time frame & standards to meet customer satisfaction.
Visit customers with sales team or Business Excellence to maintain good relationships
Ensure the finance OTC processes comply with local and regional standards and, where there at deviations, these are adequately substantiated.
2. Internal: Cross Functional
Liaise with Sales/Ops/Business Excellence to ensure effective communication on customer related issues. Oversee credit ageing to ensure timely debt collection and to manage DOS and > 90 days % are in line with
External: Legal/Collection agencies
- Liaise with the outsourcing agency to ensure that collection targets are being met, have ongoing reviews and ensure all pre-determined SLAs are being met
- Seek assistance of inhouse legal in case of payments not being received and evaluate trade off between legal costs and actual amounts to be received
• Develop a high performance culture within the Customer Accounting department
• Plan, organize and direct your team and the outsourcing agency to ensure an efficient and effective department
• Develop IKOs/KPIs for team members and the outsourcing agency; ensure continuous performance monitoring
• Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled Customer Accounting department
• Worked in various divisions and industries, preferably B2B industries
• Credit management and collections
• Diploma/Degree in Commerce/Financial Accounting or equivalent preferable
• MBA preferred
Facts and Figures
Work Permit Required