Supply Chain Coordinator
Job Title: Supply Chain Coordinator
Location: Peoria, Illinois
DHL Global Forwarding manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at http://www.dp-dhl-karriere.de/cms/en/.
We have an exciting opportunity within our International Supply Chain product for a Supply Chain Coordinator to be based out of our customer's facility Peoria, Illinois.
- Managing origin activity, query resolution, supplier bookings, online exception approval, shipments, data management, and grief resolution.
- Vendor management, PO management, consolidation visibility, work in progress reporting, as well as driving change in supplier compliance to ensure improved supply chain velocity.
- Ensure compliance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’S) and address non-conformities either by immediate resolution or escalation.
- Manage suppliers open order and booking process
- Provide support to Suppliers for on line booking
- Manage exceptions process and provide necessary feed back and escalation to relevant parties.
- Control internal and external documentation to ensure timely receipt/distribution and accuracy.
- Monitor data entry integrity and ensure system reflects current data and that any remedial activity is undertaken proactively
- Open order management, missing PO investigation and creation/upload request
- Monitoring and validate carrier bookings
- Proactively communicate shipment activity delays to affected partners and follow through to resolution.
- Manage daily work flow from Work in Progress report ensuring all time lines are met in line withSLA's
- Be confident in working with the customer on a daily basis
- The successful applicant should have a proven track record in supporting accounts within a 3PL, shipping line or freight forwarding operational environment. We are looking for at least 1 years experience and competence in respect of export shipment, supplier management, supply chain management, documentation checking and compliance.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Facts and Figures
DHL Global Forwarding US
Work Permit Required
Day time only