Customs Entry Processing Agent
Job Title: Customs Entry Processing Agent
Job Location: Moline, IL
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
We have an exciting opportunity for a CUSTOMSENTRY PROCESSING AGENT to own and manage customer accounts’ daily operations. This position will be based at our Moline, IL location.
- Intermediate service, production, or support role having greater responsibility to perform all (or most) of the standard work within the function
- Directly responsible and accountable for the compliant and timely processing of customs brokerage transactions as assigned in accordance to established policy and procedures
- Thorough understanding of all functions within the brokerage product and specific knowledge of the company’s operations, methods and procedures
- Requires processing of medium complexity air/ocean shipments and requires more thorough understanding SPI and PGA’s
- Other tasks as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintain positive and professional customer relationships
- Ability to communicate status updates and resolve as outlined in policy and procedure
- Utilize Microsoft Excel to create a basic worksheet, perform calculations, and make modifications
- Utilize Microsoft Outlook to send and respond to email messages, compose messages, use folders to organize messages, schedule own appointments, save and archive email messages
- Utilize Microsoft PowerPoint to open and review slides presented
- Utilize Microsoft Word to create a basic document, edit documents, and proof documents to make them more accurate
- Utilize Microsoft iShare to open and navigate documents
- Ability to effectively utilize DHL systems to:
oEfficiently complete job functions in Alliance including shipment processing, updating of data elements, perform queries, resolve validations, shipment tracing, and navigation between screens.
oPrint and upload documents to desktop
oUtilize workflow to move files to other queues
oIndex, load, and view documents into EDM imaging environment
oUse Logis for tracking/tracing to identify key shipment information
oOperate hard scan machine
oUpdate profile and navigate pages on COIN
oResearch and compare data files/elements.
oDetermine defaults based on division and customer profile
oTroubleshoot customer profile or shipment file to resolve validations and ABI rejects.
- HS diploma or GED required
- Specialized skill training / certification may be required
- Generally 1-3 years of experience in area of responsibility
- Moderate impact to the department
- Errors may cause moderate loss of time or customer/user dissatisfaction
- Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve straight-forward problems
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, techniques
- Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor
- Internal interactions are typically department wide and up to lead level outside of department
- External interactions are typically limited to standard policy and procedure
- Ability to occasionally lift & carry up to 25-50 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Facts and Figures
DHL Global Forwarding US
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required
Day time only