BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: MIS Developer
Location: Milton Keynes
Customer: Home Delivery
Grade/Salary: RCS O
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Are you a motivated, organized person seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the capture and reporting of key performance indicators providing the Home delivery business with accurate data for the reporting of operational performance for the collaborative department. This will include the support of and ongoing development of databases to capture information and creating reports from existing databases. The candidate will also be providing presentation for various contracts at a senior level.
The key responsibilities in this role include;
- Create reporting solutions to meet business requirements providing full documentation. This will include developing databases in SQL with web based front ends and MS PowerBI visuals.
- To provide proactive analytical support through development, tracking and interpretation of KPI's. Assist in accurate and timely production of weekly / periodic KPI reports.
- Provision of ‘fit for purpose' MI reports that enable performance to be tracked and to provide data that will assist in the decision making process.
- Provide technical support on all bespoke databases and spreadsheets. Provide appropriate IS support & services across the contract escalating issues that cannot be resolved locally to the IT Service Desk.
- Investigate anomalies / discrepancies in data, and ensure they are resolved.
- Work closely with other members of the Home Delivery Team to ensure consistency in terms of data definition, database set up, templates and reporting formats.
- Validate data reported from internal systems on a regular basis and investigate fully potential anomalies in data ensuring any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
- Experience working within an MIS/Analyst role creating and producing reports.
- Experience using SQL Server, asp.net, VBA, SSIS, SSRS and Visual Studio.
- Knowledge of Power B.I platform.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Excellent communication skills.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing action are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of chance maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
Retail & Consumer
Below 50% of total work time