Job Title: Station Manager
Job Location: Miami, FL
DHL Global Forwarding (“DGF”) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer’s global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at http://www.dpdhl.com/en/career.html
Overall job purpose:
We have an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial leader who will be responsible for all aspects of a logistics operation including, but not limited to, sales, freight forwarding operations, facility management, warehousing operations, customer service, customs clearance, and billing.
Main tasks & key responsibilities
- Responsible to support and develop a strong team of freight forwarding professionals in a manner that supports our goal of being Employer of Choice
- Ensure effective cost management by leading negotiations with external suppliers
- Manage service quality and monitor satisfaction levels for key customers, accompany Field Sales and Key Account Management to visit clients or prospective clients
- Directs annual budget preparation for Branch/District location; Setting, evaluating, and meeting and/or exceeding performance targets
- Ensure effective customer service through a process oriented approach that delivers reliable and consistent service
- Ensures direct reports negotiate, prepare and issues most favorable buying rate quotations internally and externally with shipping carriers. Manages the business processes used to ensures the accuracy of invoices, bills of lading, shipping statements, and foreign currency conversions
- Establishes, monitors, and revises policies, procedures, and service standards for station operations; Directs and ensures compliance with established DHL corporate policies, procedures, and standards in accordance with government regulations.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing direct reports. Assigns work and performance targets, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures and performance management processes.
Skills / Requirements:
- BA/BS preferred or minimum of 5 years supervisory experience including 8 years of logistics / freight forwarding industry experience
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, presentations)
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Demonstrated leadership ability to include driving KPIs, employee engagement / team building.Strong ability to develop, coach, train, and mentor staff to success
- Ability to take ownership and drive station solutions independently
- Previous supervisory experience in a unionized environment is preferred
- Basic knowledge of Cargo Wise system is preferred
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Facts and Figures
DHL Global Forwarding US
Work Permit Required
Day time only