GSE Maintenance Mechanic
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
DHL has an opening for a GSE Maintenance Mechanic at our MIA Hub in Miami, Florida. This position is responsible for the maintenance and repairs associated with the facilities related tasks and assignments within our campus.
- This position requires excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand tech manuals required.
- Will utilize hand tools, electrical testing equipment, and computers in the performance of duties.
- Will occasionally be required to operate multiple types of forklifts, walk behind lifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Will regularly need to work in scissor lifts, extended/boom lifts, individual man lifts, and small conveyance vehicles.
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Inspect, service, repair and overhaul a variety of transit vehicles and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and performs basic and difficult repairs including complete overhauls to engines, transmissions, electrical systems, pneumatic systems, brakes, axles, and related securement, and all other supporting systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance and general servicing to vehicles including changing fluids, greasing, safety inspections, etc.
- Test ramp equipment to diagnose mechanical problems and evaluate service after repairs.
- Assists in maintaining accurate parts inventory and accountability for all parts used.
- Cleans shop area and equipment.
- Maintains equipment/vehicle repair and maintenance records.
- Complete repairs within industries standards and standardized allotted repair times.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 year minimum GSE repair experience must include: Cargo Loader, GPU, Air Start, Tugs, Belt Loader, Fork Lifts & Dollies
- Credited Mechanic /Electrical Certification
- Will be required to wear 100% all cotton uniforms (part of the arc flash protection gear) at all times.
- Will be required to wear safety steel toe boots at all times.
- Will be required to wear all associated PPE as needed.
- Specific skills pertaining to metal fabrication, welding, torches, rigging, etc…is a plus.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, frequently at times.
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs regularly.
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments to include inclement weather.
- Must be able to stand for long durations.
- Must be able to work in/on elevated equipment (should not have a fear of heights).
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn