RTR Specialist (PNG/FIJI)
DHL Global Forwarding is a global leader in the Freight Forwarding industry and we are currently recruiting for an exceptional RTR Specialist (PNG/FIJI) to join our Melbourne team.
Overall Role Purpose
- Role that is subject matter expert in RTR processes. Uses functional knowledge to apply relevant and appropriate levels of judgment and decision making. May lead others and may serve as a consultant to senior management in the area of expertise or skill.
- The role also works closely within the RTR team managing the deliverables of the offshore shared service team.
Customer, Other Stakeholder & Process
·The RTR Specialist has the expertise in finance processes and local regulatory requirements (legal and tax)
·Executes RTR finance processes in compliance with DPDHL policies, global SOPs, local SOPs and local regulatory requirements.
·Works closely with other DPDHL entities and offshore shared service team to ensure open lines of communication are maintained.
·Acts as a relationship-builder across internal functions.
·Works directly with the service providers to identify improvement opportunities.
·Dispute Management: receiving and resolving escalations from shared service centre and stations/operations.
·Resolution of issues from balance sheet reconciliations and the month end close process.
·Compliance to local regulation – responsible for local regulatory reporting, statistics, ad-hoc requests.
·Reviews reports and advises performance updates and escalations to RTR manager. Other stakeholder reporting as needed.
·Reporting to head office and regional office as required.
·Ensures month end close tasks are completed within MEC calendar timeframes.
·Supports controlling team and local management in the budget process
·Supports internal and external auditors with their requests
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree in Finance or equivalent qualifications
- 2-3 years of experience in related field
- Proven hands-on experience in accounting systems and analytical tools.
- Excellent accounting knowledge
- Good knowledge of accounting standards, statutory, regulatory and legal requirements
- Solid experience in MS Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, charts, etc.) required
- High degree of conceptual and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), fluent in English
- Ability to take initiatives and follow-up with details
- Experience of working with a shared service team
- Ability to reconcile accounting differences and provide accounting solutions to resolve issues.
- Commitment to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to take ownership and show full understanding of the P&L/Balance sheet in the area of responsibility.
Competency segment ‘Business’
Analysis:Breaks down a problem, situation or process into its component parts, separates the main issues from side-issues, understands the nature of parts and their relationship to one another. Seeks out and critically evaluates both numerical and narrative information. Draws accurate conclusions.
Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and uses efficient work methods and tools.
Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
Results Orientation: Continually seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results. Overcomes obstacles and makes adjustments to achieve results. Focuses self and others to achieve targets aligned with business goals.
Competency segment ‘Leadership’
Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to achieve target and objectives. Accomplishes own tasks in support of team goals and actively offers to help colleagues. Supports group decisions.
Competency segment ‘Personal’
Accountability: Acts responsibly. Can be counted on to keep commitments. Complies with the intent of policies, procedures and agreements. Builds others' trust in own professionalism, integrity, expertise and ability to get results.
Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results, striving for best in class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools and mode to the needs of others. Listens attentively, and summarizes or asks questions, when needed, to clarify information.
Self Management: Remains calm, objective and controlled in responding to urgent or demanding situations. Maintains effective performance under pressure. Stays positive.
Facts and Figures
DHL Global Forwarding (Australia) Pty Ltd.
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn