Field HSE Manager (US-N) - 1739 - Mcdonough GA SERC (Mcdonough, GA)
Network Manager position with responsibility for supporting and leading safety effort for three operations. Position based in McDonough, GA and a remote site in SC and AL.
Field HSE Manager
Do you enjoy working in a team environment providing proactive solutions and subject matter expertise to leaders on Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) related issues? Do you take an energetic and influential approach to bring challenge and perspective to processes as it relates to safety? Would you get job fulfillment by playing a pivotal role in making sure our environment is the best and safest possible workplace for our associates? Do you have a high regard for personal accountability and fully understand why technical HSE knowledge, integrity, trust, and customer focus are required qualities to display within the HSE & Operations functions?
If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
Manages the planning, administration, training, and enforcement of facility's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) program to ensure compliance with all company policies and local, state, and federal regulations of our larger, more complex site. Identifies hazards and assesses risk to HSE, involving individuals to identify the appropriate safety controls, and provides guidance on accident prevention and occupational health to management and employees. May manage on-site Safety Supervisors
• Promotes occupational health and safety awareness throughout assigned facility.
• Coach's management on their HSE responsibilities.
• May conduct or oversee ongoing safety inspections of facilities, operations, and equipment to ensure compliance and safe working environment for associates. Monitors and enforces compliance to regulatory and company requirements
• Manages the implementation of standard HSE support using common tools provided by the Operations Excellence HSE Team
• Ensures all necessary HSE Training is completed by all site associates. This includes new hire safety training and all other on-site HSE trainings required for both hourly and management associates
• Review and updates all Job Safety Analysis' (JSA) for each role within assigned site
• Facilitates incident investigations, root cause analysis for sites and provides steps for corrective action to site management and Functional Safety Team.
• Provides input and assist the Regional and or Campus HSE Managers with Safety Improvement Plan Implementations
• Assists the Regional or Campus HSE Manager with start-ups, as necessary
• Monitors and provides expertise and assistance on the Logics Incident Module
• Identifies improvement opportunities and puts forth solutions/recommendations to continually support site improvement
• Actively participates on assigned teams and/or projects, including site Health & Safety Committee and process improvement initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
• Associates Degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene or related field or 3-5 years HSE experience, required
• Bachelor's Degree in environmental, safety, industrial hygiene or related field, preferred
• 1-5 years of Safety experience (e.g., administration of site-based OSHA/DOT programs), required
• 1-3 years supervisory experience, required
• Occupational Health and Safety Technician(OHST) Certification or equivalent, preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn