Ocean Freight Manager
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories.
However we are an organization that is not just moving goods around but we have a very clear purpose, we are: Connecting People. Improving Lives.
We provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development, we recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the largest world leaders in logistics and supply chain.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist.
We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Currently we are looking for Ocean Freight Manager who will define, implement and execute Ocean Freight Operations.
Are you interested to participate in design and ensure implementation of OFR strategy to deliver flow of goods and information across the customer’?
Would you like utilizing ocean transportation, maximizing profitability and optimizing utilization of business and human assets in line with business strategy and objectives, corporate guidelines and policies?
If yes, please read on.
Your task will be:
- Drives implementation of OFR strategy in country (translates requirements, implements, ensures realization of strategy and monitors)
- Directs and controls Capacity Management activities for FCL and LCL at country level (management and allocation of capacity, adherence to global rates)
- Sets, communicates and follows KPIs to ensure constant improvement of Capacity Management
- Creates, develops and maintains good relationships with service providers, while facilitating negotiations of best rates at country level
- Escalates carrier performance issues when required
- Directs and controls all pricing activities required at country level
- Supervises identification and implementation of new products within country
- Supports Sales in interaction with key customers
- Ensures efficient communication and information exchanges with Sales
- Provides input on solution design and service elements
- Ensures efficient communication and information exchanges with regional/global OFR Management
- Sets and monitors objectives in terms of profitability maximization and volume growth (e.g. on ITM lanes)
- Support country's efforts in maintaining healthy relationships with trade bodies and government agencies & authorities, including being an active subscriber or participant of global research agencies
- Creates, develops and maintains good relationships with customers and service providers, while facilitating negotiations of best rates at country level
- Maintain and support interdepartmental relationships
- Process Improvements
- Responsible for constant improvement and optimization of production means (cost management) and operational and service level quality
Your profile should look like:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in many areas of OFRmanagement
- Exceptional knowledge of the Ocean Freight and Forwarding Industry
- Relevant experience in Sales, Business Development and Logistics
- Bachelors or Masters degree in relevant topic
- Excellent English language knowledge
- Unique international strong brand spirit of DHL
- Employer who respect employees and help manage your time at and away at work to achieve work/life balance
- Strong team with interaction with people from all over the world
- Overlooking and leading the Ocean Freight Business in Bahrain
- Possibility to lead and manage team
- Flexible working hours with possibility of occasionally working from home upon agreement
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Facts and Figures
Danzas Bahrain WLL
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn