Trade Compliance Officer
Are you a motivated, organized person seeking a demanding and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
As a Trade Compliance Officer you will be responsible for ensuring design and development of core compliance global operating systems and effective management of global trade compliance screening services to ensure sanctions legislative compliance. We will be looking for you to provide robust leadership of to the trade compliance screening team to successfully support the execute of the global compliance agenda.
We are looking for you to use your expertise to ensure world-class trade compliance services, including but not limited to daily denied parties screening, sanctioned countries, and controlled goods. You will also be required to design, develop and deploy core compliance systems to ensure effective processing and monitoring of trade compliance program and to perform effective monitoring and reporting of the trade compliance program.
Further responsibilities will be to proactively liaise and engage with internal and external stakeholders ensure effective roll out of the trade compliance operating model. Ensure adherence to defined processes and in conjunction with global export control requirements and to deliver complex change management projects relating to trade compliance. You will develop data analytics and issue key trade compliance reporting, ensuring timeliness, accurateness and completeness of reports.
What are you accountable for achieving as the a Trade Compliance Office?
- Lead and motivate the trade compliance screening team to ensure effective management of all team outputs
- Supervise and coordinate the team daily activities and review deliverables
- Review High Risk Sanction Country Approval & Controlled Goods processes
- Ensure detailed knowledge of denied parties screening procedures
- Support screening teams duties, including but not limited to:
- Screen system generated matches to determine match validity, document assessment results and if required, escalate positive matches or complex issues for analysis and resolution
- Review tasks completed and escalated by screening teams
- Perform detailed due diligence screening and reviews using Case Management, Dow Jones, and other platforms
- Request and obtain supplementary information from corporate function
- Provide advice on reviewed matches to key stakeholder
- Respond to all user requests, resolve technical or procedural issues, configure system, trial new procedures in test environment, and support software updates
- Support innovation and creativity that leads to continual process and service improvements
- Monitor system entries during all processes
- Ensure timely screening of matches as per the SLA
- Review the screening reports and dashboard and ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Manage a quality review process to ensuring data accuracy and review completeness
- Ensure procedures and controls documentation is updated and in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Conduct training of new resources on the DPS process
- Support in resource management and staffing planning
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain.
Now, here's what we need from you:
- Superb leadership skills in motivating and ensuring a high performance team
- Excellent programme management and analytical skills
- Cross cultural in outlook and attitude, innovative and highly motivated
- Apply practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience
- Work independently with general supervision
- Problems faced are difficult but typically not complex
- Be solution oriented and supportive of regions reporting requirements
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the Globe. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn