Manager of Team
Joining Application Build (Development) team as a Manager of Team, you’ll lead delivery team(s). Your role is crucial to manage the delivery of cost efficient, innovative solutions to the customers whilst optimizing the time-to-market, for a given set of Products.
We have almost 1,000 Full Time Employees for Application Build (Solution Delivery), a Software Application Build organization focused on meeting the needs of DPDHL and ITS Business Divisions.
You will be part of Solution Delivery PeP eCommerce, a global team which consists of >40 members in multiple locations especially Cyberjaya, Prague and Chennai.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As an advisor and expert to the business units on specific IT and functional topics relevant to the products allocated to the team.
- Recruits, Manages and Develops a team of IT professionals, from junior staff to senior specialists in their field.
- Ensures the team is aware of and utilizes current and appropriate technology and business practices in order to ensure the SSA remains attractive and competitive in future.
- In conjunction with the Department Head, identifies and supports opportunities for re-use and sharing across ITS for components and products as well as tools and techniques.
- Provide day to day direction to the team as issues are escalated, as part of regular reviews or though direct engagement in projects.
- Manages the allocation of resources (both internal and external) to the optimum advantage of DPDHL to both protect the organizations IP and to leverage providers of commodity skills.
- Manages teams to ensure Project Delivery on time, on cost and to appropriate quality standards as well as delivery into production of cost effective, timely and innovative products and solutions.
- Responsible for managing the allocation of team resources to allow for rapid response to requests whilst balancing the overall utilization of the team.
- Optimizing the delivery cost through execution of and contributing to the agreed Sourcing Strategy
- Identifying and delivering opportunities to improve the delivery of solutions
Building and Leading Teams:
- Creating an engaged workforce along with optimal use of the available resources.
- Monitoring and directing the ongoing development of the professional team
- Ensuring that all issues related to their staff’s wellbeing are monitored and resolved
- Ensures strong cooperation with other teams and Departments
- Responsible for establishing and demonstrating a working culture within the Team that ensures maximum co-operation between ITS departments (One Team).
- Manages the overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of Information Services’ project work efforts
- Ensuring that project goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope, and resource requirements.
- Develops and executes project management plans
- Works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems.
- Works to improve the structure and efficiency of an organisation's IT systems.
- Provides strategic guidance to organisations with regard to IT technology, IT infrastructures and the enablement of major business processes through enhancements to IT.
- Providing guidance during selection and procurement as well providing highly expert technical assistance, and may be responsible for user training and feedback
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- MBA or Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Professional certifications as required, i.e. Prince 2 (optional)
- Information Technology professional with more than 10 years’ experience and project delivery (Solution Delivery/ Software Development) experience in a multinational company.
- Experienced in working in multi-cultural environment, managing large project teams in direct and widely dispersed geographical locations.
- Being a Team Managers (Software Development Manager/ Team Lead/Team Manager) for 3 to 5 years
- Be able to manage a team of 20+ professionals
- Strong business acumen and software technical and design knowledge
- Strong customer interaction skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in service, customer orientation and project delivery.
- Capability to manage and/or work within global multi-site organizations
- Ability to direct and influence other managers outside direct line management structure.
- Capability to lead, motivate, inspire and encourage highly skilled people
- Develop career plans for team
- Communication and presentation capability: customer facing and DPDHL internal major influencer in technical buying scenarios
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality service performance across different location and conditions.
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- Solid technical understanding of complex system integration and networking architectures Innovative approach to usage of architecture and technology
- Has 3 to 5 years Project Management experience
- Has 3 to 6 years Business Analysis/ Consultancy experience
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
On-going professional and technical training and certifications
A multicultural environment in modern offices
Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
Smart casual everyday
Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
Unlimited Outpatient Medical
Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUT US - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
Runs more than 7700 servers;
Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required