Deutsche Post DHL is the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries and territories with over 500.000 employees. Our people mean the world to us. We provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world. To enhance our RPA & AI focus we are looking for a
Data Scientist DHL Express
We are looking for a data scientist to assist us in creating AI-driven applications to solve business problems across the globe. You will be working across the DHL Express organization within an interdisciplinary robotics-process-automation (RPA) and artificial-intelligence (AI) team consisting of developers, data scientists and project managers. Your primary focus will be on the application of data mining techniques, performing statistical analyses and creating high-quality prediction systems that mainly deal with unstructured data (e.g. text, images). More specifically, you will be building machine-learning models, gather and prepare data-sets, perform feature engineering, work with databases, and deploy and monitor machine-learning models. Next to this there is ample of opportunity to pursue and apply your own data-science related interests.
Your key activities
• Building classification models using state-of-the-art machine learning techniques
• Working with large quantities of unstructured data such as text and images
• Performing statistical analyses and report insights on large quantities of data
• Data pre-processing, cleaning and verifying integrity of data
• Data visualization, creating real-time dashboards
• Deploying machine-learning models as APIs
• Working with developers to integrate machine-learning applications in existing systems and processes
• Monitoring and maintaining machine-learning models in production environments
Your skills & qualifications
• Excellent understanding of machine learning algorithms such as SVM, Random Forests, Neural Networks. A good understanding of models that can deal with high-dimensional data is essential.
• Strong data wrangling skills for unstructured data
• Strong statistical background with knowledge about distributions, statistical testing etc.
• Experience in and working with data science toolkits such as Scikit-Learn, Weka, NumPy, Keras
• Experience with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL)
• Good programming skills in at least one object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Java, R)
• Good communicator: being able to explain complex topics in a clear way
• Analytic, curious and pro-active mindset
• Education requirements: at least a master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. computer science, econometrics, business analytics)
We offer a benefits package that includes a competitive salary, bonus incentives and a pension scheme based on a defined contribution plan. In addition, we offer a wide range of employee benefits and you will have access to comprehensive learning programs and international career opportunities.
You will be based in Maastricht.
We are looking forward to your application!
Facts and Figures
DHL Express Netherlands
Work Permit Required
Day time only