DATA ENGINEER (M/W/D)
YOU TACKLE FOR QUALITY AND GREAT SERVICE. THIS WILL IMPROVE THE LIFE OF OUR CUSTOMERS.
Would you like to become part of the world's most international company?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
DHL Express works on a number of data analytics projects.
As part of these projects it has to enable live routing and stream analytics as well as batch analytics of billions of shipments. Within our projects, large amounts of data need to be sourced, analyzed, modified and stored in the right way to enable analysis by our data scientists. When a solution is ready to be deployed, algorithms need to be potentially modified and hooked up to data streams in order to verify the viability of these solutions,
Be a part of the team and build knowledge about our data and the management of our data flows within the new big data environment, of our analytics solutions and of the possibilities in the logistics world as a whole.
Join the Data Analytics team as Data Engineer.
- Enable data onboarding from the various DPDHL IT systems onto a data lake or other environment.
- Write required data flow jobs to support data onboarding.
- Standardize, verify and potentially modify data to prepare for analysis.
- Build automate testing enviroment for data piplines.
- Troubleshoot data ingestion problems and ensure error proof data connections.
- Build new views & reports to monitor data (e.g. storage, processing, transfers) in the lake (e.g. in Spark & Python).
- Evaluate ideal data storage and processing options give data processing reqeusts.
- Co-ordinate with use case owners, data analysts and the data governance teams (e.g. data quality manager, metatdata managers) to understand their requirements and challenges faced.
- Propose innovative solutions regarding data ingestion, transfer and data processing based on their needs.
- Have an understanding of data lake architecture and pipelining software (infrastructure, as well as software).
- Provide recommendations based on ETL and analysis speed considerations.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great culture and colleagues.
- Strong career support in an international environment.
- Multifarious benefit program.
- Access to comprehensive learning programs.
- A job within a company that really pays attention to our environment (GoGreen initiatives).
WHAT YOU BRING
- University degree in Computer Science, (Applied) Mathematics, Physics, or related natural sciences / technical degree, or comparable qualification
- At least two years of relevant professional experience in writing ETL jobs, enablling data onboarding/ ingestion, building analytics reports
- Knowledge and understanding of key big data technology for ETL (e.g. Spark, Python)
- Ability to produce creative and analytical solutions based on clear and thorough analyses
- Good written and spoken English language skills,
- Good communication skills, pragmatic working style and solution orientation
- Independent work ethic, integrity and loyalty, positive “can-do”- attitude
BECOME PART OF OUR TEAM
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks?
Apply now – Mrs. Wendy Brune is looking forward to receiving your application!
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVE LIVES.
#dhl #express #logistics #job #dataengineering
Facts and Figures
<15% van de tijd
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn