Manager of Strategic Customers
Manager of Strategic Customers in the greater L.A market
What makes DHL great?Our people! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL currently has an opportunity available for a Manager of Strategic Customers.Based in the greater L.A area, you must have a strategic mindset, winning attitude and a proven track record for growing business and developing people.
You will discover the excitement of being a valued partner to existing customers and leveraging relations to expand the business.You will collaborate with other key members of the DHL team to further enhance the customer experience while ensuring we have a strong strategy to grow market share across the territory.
How will you contribute to the success of DHL?
The role of Manager of Strategic Customers (MSC) executes DHL Global Forwarding country commercial growth strategy in specific assigned markets.This senior commercial role is non-sector specific, rather market based on assigned geography.Primary responsibilities includes prospecting, winning, and developing mid to large market specific logistic customers.
- Direct selling role of DGF’s logistic services to mid/large strategic customer/prospects
- Responsible for achievement of annual new business targets and related performance KPI’s
- Operates within a defined geography, targeting all customer sectors
- Serves as primary commercial contact for customers which are being targeted, and those managed within related portfolio
- Collects relevant customer information for the RFI/RFP/RFQ and prepares documents for customer implementation in order to ensure proper operational handover and implementation to meet customer expectations (SLA's & SOP's)
- Acts as trusted logistics partner to DGF’s strategic customers and prospects, by engaging in creative logistic solution design to optimize logistics services for our clients
- Ensures that activities are aligned with country/region/station commercial strategy
Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years Forwarding Sales Experience industry experience required
- Direct B2B selling experience in logistics, with demonstrated selling success
- Proven track record of collaboration, working across all levels of operations management, product management, bid management teams, and a global network to ensure a positive customer experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High degree of self-confidence, initiative, and commitment
- PC literate, excellent organizational, communication incl. telephone and writing skills
- Ability to adapt and work navigate a global network
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away from work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
401K plan with a match
Employee Discount plan
Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. Over 42,000 employees are employed by DGFF in approximately 150 countries around the world. Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
Our Vision:The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission:Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose:We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values:Respect & Results
Our Goals:Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer.We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Facts and Figures
Air Express International USA, Inc.