Position: Transport Manager
Location: North London
Grade: RCS K
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 18th January 2018
For the role of Transport Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that you will hold full accountability for service and delivery as well as strategic development of the Transport Department.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Implement and manage transport TMS
• Lead and develop the Transport Team
• Investigate / implement DHL initiatives through the Transport division to drive value for the Customer and DHL
• Network integration of store deliveries to optimise cost savings and unlock synergies
• Succession Planning
• Strategically deploy resource to ensure maximum service levels adherence with minimal cost impact
• Monitor and challenge performance levels across all sites
• Analysis of any special delivery requests and detail impact of changes to the Network and costing
• Look at achieving costs and efficiency for the customer and service
• Strategic fleet management and planning
• Ensure effective communication processes are established and maintained for both internal/external customers
• Build and maintain Customer relationships
• Budget and cost management
• Attend Customer performance and service reviews
• Ensure customer projects and activities are planned and resourced for success
• Managing key warehouse and store relationships to drive continuous improvement
• Manage Sub-Contractors
• Workload planning (Staffing & Volumes)
• Service Performance
• 3rd party supplier: liaison and service levels
• To ensure a standard approach to Best Practice across all sites
• Operational Continuous Improvement
• Adhere to customer specific procedures
• Compliance with company and local statutory obligations regarding working time legislation, operator licensing, Health & Safety and Path to Quality
• EOS action identification, resourcing and follow-up
• Manage team in fair & consistent manner & in line with DHL Diversity & Respect at Work Policy
• Provide team members with regular performance feedback including robust year-end evaluations
• Support development priorities by providing on-the-job development activities/training programs for immediate team members
• Coaching individuals to increase performance
• Active Leadership
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Proven track record of planning and forecasting
• Budget management and cost controls
• 5+ years Transport Management experience
• Knowledge of transport regulations
• People Management
• Ability to balance conflicting priorities
• Educated to high school (secondary) standard
• CPC National/International
• Diploma / Certificate in Logistics
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required
Day time only