SRD Operations (US-O) - 6559 - Livermore CA WERC (Livermore, CA)
Sr Director Operations
Do you get energized by leading and motivating multiple managers and operations? Are you highly organized with the ability to prioritize a long list of equally important responsibilities? Do you consider yourself to be self-sufficient with a level of expertise to hold all resources and areas of the business honest and accountable?
It takes a special kind of person to do those type of things successfully. If you are that kind of person, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
We're looking for a Senior Operations Director to lead multiple distribution centers – each with individual customers who have their own sets of requirements. You'll cultivate customer relationships, becoming an extension of their business and enabling DHL Supply Chain to play an required role in their success. You'll be held to very high standards – because our company has set a very high standard in our industry.
DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we hire only world-class people. People who aren't afraid to work hard – in fact, people who want to work hard.
Our ideal Senior Operations Director has a full understanding of the importance of customer relationships – including the crucial role of the General Manager, Operations Managers and front-line Supervisors in growing those relationships. This position is a critical link between each distribution center and senior leadership and is held accountable for the success and growth of the group.
• You'll drive a culture of performance and results through your teams
• You'll assemble and direct strong teams at each distribution center in your group
• You'll manage multiple teams and support their professional development at all levels
• You'll support your group and drive performance by developing a strong network throughout DHL Supply Chain's functional departments
• You'll be a key member of the management team of the largest global supply chain company
• You'll have access to a myriad of development and educational programs to help your leaders grow
• You'll work with your manager on developing your growth and career direction
• You'll have entrepreneurial-like freedom to structure your business unit
• You'll get results
• You'll love it
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required
• 3-5 years logistics industry experience, required
• 9-10 years of management experience, required
• Experience in customer contract management preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn