Inventory Control Manager I (US-N) - 6559 - Livermore CA WERC (Livermore, CA)
Inventory Control Manager I
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we hire world-class people. People who aren't afraid to work hard – in fact, people who want to work hard. Our Inventory Control Managers do just that – every day, all day. They have the drive to lead, the passion for excellence, and the enthusiasm for team development that we need. They're not just ready to face the challenges of the day – they're psyched about it because they know they are a part of everyday life. If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
The Inventory Control Manager provides senior leadership, direction and strategy for the Inventory Control team that will enable and facilitate the execution of the outlined operational deliverables. They will also be responsible for developing and progressing key customer relationships and operational partnerships necessary to drive and support an atmosphere of continuous improvement and operational excellence as it relates to inventory control management.
- Ensure customer inventory accuracy and shrink are monitored and reported timely to site leadership
- Maximize the performance of the site inventory processes and system to ensure:
- Care, custody, and control of customer inventory
- Accuracy (to floor and customer book)
- Proper utilization of information technology
- Provide required documentation in support of compliance requirements
- Manage the planning and execution of proactive and reactive cycle counts in compliance with the contractual service level agreement
- Develop, implement and validate procedures, controls and systems that prevent, detect and correct errors in inventory transactions and balances
- Apply continuous improvement initiatives to drive process, inventory accuracy, compliance, on-time completion, within budget, documented results
- Design and generate appropriate reporting to track inventory accuracy, shrink compliance, and variance root cause trends
- Maintain thorough knowledge of internal and customer systems in order to provide extensive support to operational team as well as the customer for inventory and production related issues
- Ensure proper identification and repackaging of damaged product with regard to disposal or the return to inventory as damaged merchandise.
- Develop labor plans and equipment needs budget for review with site leadership.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent or 4+ years related work experience in inventory control, logistics, or related discipline
• 3+ years logistics industry experience
• 3+ years supervisory or management experience - IC Supervisory role, unit pick environment
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems like JDA, Red Prairie, Manhattan, DMPLUS, SAP, etc.
• Deep and broad understanding of Inventory Control, its financial and operational impacts - preferred in e-commerce Fulfillment environment
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn