BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: IT Analyst
Grade/Salary: RCS N
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date for Applications: 21/10/2019
Please note, there may be the occasional evening/weekend working required.
Are you a motivated, organized person seeking a demanding and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too.
As an IT Analyst, you will be responsible mainly for the day to day support of JDA 9.1/2017 (Red Prairie) you will action all queries and offer resolution where possible to ensure the continued operation of this system. You will also be responsible for managing and supporting all site information systems, site infrastructure, and site applications and associated integration. The support will include JDA 9.1/2017 (Red Prairie), local infrastructure, local area network, wide area network, Edi interfaces and MS Office suite. Logging IT calls with the service desk, monitoring and escalating as appropriate. Support local infrastructure including WAN, LAN, RF network, RF hardware, PC's, printers and label printers
This role will be best suited to an analyst who has extensive JDA or alternative WMS support experience.
The key responsibilities in this role include:
- Super user for JDA 9.1/2017
- Being available to support and resolve all manner of JDA 9.1/2017 (Red Prairie) queries
- To be the 1st line support for all site infrastructure and application issues and if the issue cannot be resolved on site then to escalate to the IT Manager and assist in liaising with the help desk/supplier though to the successful closure of the issue.
- Provide relevant on site systems expertise
- Assist and in some cases give training to end users prior to use.
- Manage all changes to site infrastructure and site applications through a robust change management process, gaining authorisation for the changes from the appropriate authority and reporting all changes at the agreed frequency with the IT Manager.
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
- Experience in JDA 9.1 (Red Prairie) - alternative WMS experience will be considered.
- The ability to troubleshoot and to find root cause issues relating to JDA
- Experience of working in warehouse environment within a wider operational team
- Experience of working with project teams
- Hardware and infrastructure experience
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
Network Logistics & Transport
Below 25% of total work time