Capital Planning Coordinator
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Capital Planning Coordinator
Location: Homebased - South London & South East England Region
Customer: NHS Supply Chain
Salary / Grade: Competitive / RCS L + Car + Fuel Card
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 4th December 2019
DHL is committed to balancing both clinical and financial needs to provide the best value. We engage with customers and clinicians at every stage of the procurement process and work closely with suppliers of all sizes.
DHL offers a range of specialized procurement services for the life sciences and health care sector. In 2006 we entered into a procurement and logistics contract with the English National Health Service (NHS), under which we are responsible for managing procurement of food, bed linen, office equipment, stationery, cleaning materials, patient clothing, medical and surgical equipment, such as operating theatre equipment and machinery, as well as dressings and other provisions.
Providing life-saving products is a big responsibility, one with risks that far outweigh those in a typical supply chain environment. DHL understands the challenges facing life sciences companies. Together, we've created solutions that help our Customer to meet today's challenges and anticipate tomorrow's, and we are now looking for Capital Planning Coordinator.
As a Capital Planning Co-ordinator, you will be working across the Capital solutions team and customer base, gathering a wide range of capital data related to pipeline, capital plans, project activity, ad hoc enquires and installed base information. You will use that information to plan capital purchasing activity and identify savings opportunities for the Trusts in the South London & South East England Regions.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
• Gather plan data to agreed level including utilisation of established templates
• Act as a project manager and coordinator for trusts who want a 1 point of contact for the NHS SC business
• Manage the provision of data to enable the business to track progress against targets
• Work alongside all capital teams to develop a robust strategy in aligning all trusts activity into a solution sell discussion
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
• Proven track record in a fast-paced commercial environment with a strong focus on excellent customer service delivery
• Experience of running projects in the NHS (desirable)
• MS Office skills - including advanced Excel (pivots, v.look-ups and macros) would be advantageous
• An eye for detail and the ability to adhere to operating procedures
• Excellent communication skills to develop relationships with Colleagues and Customers
• Procurement experience (desirable)
• CIPS Qualification (desirable)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore, we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
NHS Supply Chain
Below 75% of total work time