Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa DHL Express 200089E 18. November, 2020Apply
To develop, manage, and control the finance, controlling, purchase-to-pay and administration functions, in accordance with overall finance guidelines, legal framework and accounting standards with the objective of supporting the management decision making process in the country and contributing to the achievement of the business objectives, whilst meeting regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership in the definition of the local finance & controlling strategy, policies and procedures within overall Country context, underpinning the success of the business
Proactively drive and manage strategic projects to promote cost efficient operations with focus on identifying cost saving measures
- Sets directions and strategies for controlling and accounting to ensure that financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet the organization's short and long-term business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations standards.
- Support CFO and establish financial goals and monitors their implementation on the country level within sub-region and ensures that a red flag system is in place to report problems in a timely manner
- Leads, directs, and controls the organization’s financial resources to maintain the short and long-term financial health of a region or market zone business.
Owns and develops long term financial planning for the country within sub-region
- To integrate quality into the business by ensuring that every customer contact is a demonstration of absolute dedication towards providing first time ideal solutions for the satisfaction of customers immediate and future needs
- Involved in all investments in the country within delegated authority limits
- Ensures accurate, transparent, relevant and timely management reporting to division and executive board, including financial (CREST) and operational data and any other ad hoc reporting as required by CFO
- Ensures the general ledger is updated accurately and the data up loaded into the groups reporting package Crest accurately and completely including statistical data. Quality of departmental cost allocations to be a key focus. Verify the monthly financial package checking for accuracy and completeness. Analyse and interpret the financial package and prepare a monthly narrative.
- Perform ensure accuracy of the Network Fee Computation each month
- Ensures that timely, accurate and complete financial records are maintained in accordance with relevant external (e.g. IFRS) and internal DPDHL policies and guidelines.
- Reviews in detail and approves off monthly IFRS financial statement and ensures fulfilment of any IFRS / statutory / legal requirements
- Reconciliations: monitor balance sheet control accounts by means of reviewing reconciliations on a monthly basis. All reconciling items to be cleared timeously.
- Evaluates investment and acquisition business cases and co-ordinates the review and approval process in compliance with the DPDHL policy.
- Reforecasting and Budgeting: Drive and co-ordinate the company's forecasting and budgeting process from station level through to the country consolidation and upload into Crest (Reporting system).
- Ensures that the short, medium and long range planning, budgeting and forecasting process complies with overall financial policies and procedures to support the achievement of strategic targets
- Prepare the annual financial statements and supporting schedules for review by the auditors. Including: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement
- Notes to the Financial Statements
- Prepare the provisional, monthly and/or annual tax returns (VAT, Income Tax, etc.) for the company, including all the required supporting schedules.
- Cash Flow Management and Forecasting: ensure that any excess funds are transferred to the Standard Bank call account to earn the best possible interest. Ensure that adequate provisions are made for major cash outflows.
- Continuously improves financial processes, systems, tools, and techniques
- Takes appropriate measures to remedy financial risk
- Supports CFO to ensure proper billing and cash collection processes are in place in the country within sub-region
- Analyzes complex issues in finance and significantly improves, changes or adapts existing methods and techniques
- Prepares and manages the financial risk and opportunity matrix for the country
- Implement the necessary internal control measures as defined by CRISP and review periodically to ensure that they are adhered to, e.g. segregation of duties.
- CA/CIMA / Relevant Formal Qualification
- Post-graduate qualification in Financial management.
- 3 - 5 years Post Articles exposure with a Big Firm
- Post-graduate qualification in Financial management
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS, company/corporate tax
- 3 – 4 years audit experience, courier industry experience, Compliance and Customs Regulatory environment exposure
- Minimum of 3 years in Logistics and/or courier industry
- 5 - 7 years’ experience leading finance teams
- Advanced IT Skills (Financial)
Facts and Figures
<25% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn