Would you like to be a part of the company that wherever you are in the world, you’re never far from purchasing activities related to vans, trucks, warehouses, scooters, planes, boats or your colleagues?
At Deutsche Post DHL, we connect people, improving their lives across 220 countries worldwide and offer unparalleled expertise in logistics solutions as well as international mail services.
In our Purchasing Department we are responsible for processing of purchase orders and we ensure that business purchasing needs are fulfilled through a high level of automation.
Would you like to contribute on this?
If this is something that interest you, read on:
Your task will be:
- Execute and ensure procurement processes applying sourcing / purchasing / corporate / Business Partner policies
- Collect and maintain data and / or ensure data quality maintenance and reporting on rates, catalogues, supplier data / performance, purchase order admin.
- Drive (execute) tactical purchasing process (non-catalogue requisitions) and ensure day-to-day / admin support (request and analyze competitive bids (3 bids and 1 buy), select suppliers, quality, delivery terms, specs for goods / services)
- Provide purchasing system 2nd level support – challenging issues handling,process master data changes
- Ensure clarification of outstanding receipt of order confirmation, invoices, delivery dates, rejection / change of purchase orders
- Communication with business requestors, ensuring request is properly specified and documented
- Sourcing for new suppliers and communication with existing suppliers
- Matching purchase requests with existing contracts and preferred vendors
- Negotiate and close small value contracts where relevant.
- Maintain good relationship with suppliers and internal Business Partners and solve day-to-day problems
- Actively manage and drive the use of procurement catalogues
- Generate required reporting, analyze reports and identify catalog improvements
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers and internal customers in scope
- Provide advice and support to internal customer with specs for required low value goods / services (without a framework contract) in close cooperation with sourcing
- Provide feedback to sourcing in respect of suppliers performance
- Contribute to the successful cooperation between region / country and sourcing community
- Completed apprenticeship and / or relevant university degree and / or equivalent experience
Additional for Senior Buyer:
- Min 2 years of relevant experience in commercial functions and especially in purchasing
- Solid working experience with purchasing practices and procedures
- Working experience with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems
- Enjoy communication and interaction with people
- Enjoy working with data and detail oriention
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary package + benefits
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Facts and Figures
DHL Finance, GBS Asia Pacific
Work Permit Required