Associate Legal Counsel, Indonesia
Would you like to be a part of a company that wherever you are in the world, you’re never far from one of its vans, trucks, warehouses, scooters, planes, boats or your colleagues?
At Deutsche Post DHL, we connect people, improving their lives across 220 territories and countries worldwide and offer unparalleled expertise in logistics solutions as well as international mail services.
In the Legal department of Deutsche Post DHL, we provide legal support to all Business Units.We review and negotiate contracts with customers, suppliers and partners, provide regulatory and legal advice on a broad range of matters and issues affecting our businesses and also provide support in dispute resolution management.
Reporting to the Legal Counsel, Indonesia, your tasks will include:
- Supporting the Legal Counsel in implementing global and regional legal strategy at a country level in order to ensure effective use of common tools and consistent reporting;
- Supporting the Legal Counsel and other corporate functions by delivering the legal service; component necessary in overall attainment of their goals;
·Advising on country legal risk mitigation strategies;
·Representing the Company in negotiations with partners, customers, suppliers and governmental agencies and authorities;
- Providing general business legal advice and more specialized advice relating to the Business Units’ businesses;
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and other documents in relation to any transaction, project or other matter in which you are directly involved;
- Conducting legal research and supporting the Legal Counsel in proactively advising country management on any development in the law and contribute and assist in the design and delivery of training courses on legal topics relevant to the Business Units;
- Advising and assisting the Business Units in dispute resolution management; and
- Assisting the Legal Counsel in external counsel management to drive costs efficiency.
You should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
·Commercial pragmatism, ability to apply legal knowledge and expertise into business environment;
·Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
·2-4 years of legal practice gained from a reputable commercial law firm or the inhouse legal department of a MNC or large local company in Indonesia;
·some litigation experience an advantage;
·Good law degree from a good Indonesian law school or university; and
·Qualified to advise on Indonesian laws.
·Amazing opportunity to learn and be part of a team of multicultural and multilingual legal experts from all over the world;
·The unique opportunity to work closely with all Business Units;
·Employee-friendly working environment;
·Potential and opportunities for future career development within GBS Legal or the Group; and
·Competitive salary package + benefits
If this is something you would like to explore, please don’t hesitate to submit your application.
Facts and Figures
DHL Finance, GBS Asia Pacific
Work Permit Required