Managing Director DHL Freight Turkey
We are DHL Freight – a group of 13,000 road cargo experts operating in more than 40 countries, who are proud to provide their customers with the best overland freight transport solutions. We are always looking ahead to the next commercial opportunity, predicting the next potential issue, anticipating the next global trend. Because at DHL Freight, we’re not simply about freight forwarding; we’re about forward thinking ways to connect people – and improve their lives.
To develop, manage, direct and control the DHL Freight business lines (Full Load, Conventional Rail, Freight Forwarding, Specialities, Non-systemised, European Carrier Organisation) in the country and provide the needed resources to develop dedicated profit centres, assuming full P&L responsibility.
• Participate in the definition of the country business strategy (short- and long-term) for the dedicated profit centres within overall regional DHL context, and ensure the exploitation of synergies wherever possible.
• Manage customer projects, order entry, customer service, invoicing and bad debt provision in order to develop revenue and profit across the country.
• Meet and even exceed Customers' needs/expectations regarding DHL Freight services, assuring the best service to Customers and that their claims are correctly forwarded, handled and have adequate and timely response.
• Manage Operations and Network components of non-systemised traffic for external customers.
• Ensure the accomplishment of regional Sales and profit goals stated in the Budget.
• Leader of the Country Management Board, setting country directions and strategies.
• Communicates the activities and status of DHL Freight among the other departments.
• Participate in all cross-functional business aspects to ensure that cohesive joint decision-making processes exist at country level.
• Ensure that all DHL Freight activities are supported by the best combination of processes, tools and a common IT platform.
• Elaborate the annual budget and business plan for DHL Freight, ensuring the best profitability, revenue, yield, shipments and weight indicators.
• Ensure the optimisation of the country budget.
• Assure a rational management of resources for current and future needs in terms of people, tools and equipment, assuming a responsible attitude regarding Environmental impact of the company.
• Integrate country DHL Freight activities and functions to focus on joint priorities and exploit scale economies while safeguarding the business performance.
• To permanently monitor DHL Freight market and Competitors, exploiting new opportunities and developing the best strategies aiming for Customer Satisfaction.
• Handle the development of DHL Freight (through Blueprint and role definition criteria) and organisational issues arising from business changes so that the new structure underpins the strategic agenda and enables synergies to be realised.
• Permanently analyse DHL’s business drivers and report them to relevant regional personnel, looking to improve performance.
• Promote and participate on improvement initiatives and projects, that help to boost company performance and Customer Satisfaction.
• Maintain relationships, smooth interface and share experience with other DHL functions, regional/Global DHL Freight offices, and other DHL Business Units.
People - Management
• Develop strong relationships with customers, partners and suppliers
• Develop and maintain a motivated team of competent managers and staff by creating a winning culture
• Evaluate the performances of direct reports and ensure that the same is done for the other employees
• Determine the DHL Freight organisational structure, roles, critical success factors and goals
Requirements for the Job
• Experience in Road Freight logistics preferable, accompanied with wide experience at senior level in a service-oriented business
• Minimum 10 years' experience in Operations/Commercial/General Management roles within Logistics
• Work experience in other countries (desirable)
• University Bachelor or Master degree in a business discipline or relevant education and work experience
• Turkish fluent (written and spoken)
• English fluent (written and spoken)
Facts and Figures
DHL Freight GmbH
Work Permit Required