Head of Sales - Central Region
Head of Sales for Central Region
Region: Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North/South Dakota, Nebraska
Direct Reports: 6-8
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries.
We are currently seeking a Head of Sales to manage a dynamic sales team in the Central region to plan and direct Sales operations through a group of Sales Managers.
As a Head of Sales, you willoversee sales revenue generation, manage P&L, and develop sales plans and budgets for achieving sales goals within a defined geographic region. You will also partner with other sales leaders to communicate sales challenges and opportunities, geographical business observations, customer feedback, etc.
- Manage and steer Field Sales Executives in the region through a group of Sales Managers
- Oversee sales revenue generation, profit, and/or expense objectives in an assigned geographic region.
- Develops sales plans and budgets for achieving sales goals
- Partners with Sales Managers to communicate sales opportunities & challenges, geographical business observations, customer feedback etc.
- Assist field sales representatives in securing critical sales opportunities
- Supervises four or more Area Sales Managers; responsible for coaching, training, and developing sales managers
- Support plan and target for Field Sales Team & Sales Managers based on country targets
- Drive performance improvement of Area Sales Management group to achieve Sales Index
- Invest in critical relationships between medium-sized Business Customers and DHL Global Forwarding organization
- Direct involvement with department staffing, discipline, reviews, training and leadership in partnership with the local branch manager and other Sales Leaders andassist Field Sales Executives in securing critical sales.
- Interaction with Senior Leadership and coordination between organizational business units. Consults with peers and top management in long-range company planning. Understands and leverages internal networks to get things done
- Excellent systems knowledge to include Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel to assigned territories as needed
- Creativity in developing innovative solutions and ability to present solutions to clients & internal sales staff
- Self-disciplined with strong leadership abilities
- Broad understanding of the forwarding industry and deep knowledge on Global Forwardingproducts (Air Freight and Ocean Freight) and business models
- 10+ years of management skills to steer Sales Teams
- Ability to take ownership and proactively drive performance
- Very Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to win, develop and close new business
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in a related field
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away from work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans. In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally. Over 42,000 employees are employed by DGFF in approximately 150 countries around the world. Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
Our Vision:The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission:Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose:We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values:Respect & Results
Our Goals:Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Facts and Figures
Air Express International USA, Inc.