Regional Customer Manager (RCM)
Regional Customer Manager
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
DHL Express, one of the business units of DHL, which takes care of global dispatch and delivery of parcel and express shipments. Come discover the unique, international spirit of DHL in an atmosphere where your commitment is recognized and rewarded.
Lead the profitable revenue growth from assigned MNC Customers within a defined geographic scope through positioning DHL as a strategic business partner, and delivering agreed programs through a virtual team drawn from across countries and regions.
Emphasis placed upon expanding share of wallet from a range of industry verticals consisting of the AM Region’s top customers.
- Create competitive advantage for customers demonstrating value of DHL by adopting a consultative selling approach.
- Maximize customer penetration to grow share of wallet with emphasis on the core product revenue growth.
- Cross selling with all DHL business units.
- Identify, build, and manage relationships with key decision-makers within assigned accounts to ensure development of long-term business partnerships.
- Lead and manage customer presentations and proposals selling solutions and managing customer expectations.
- Identify and foster relationships with potential new regional and global MNC customers.
- Create (for Americas-led customers) and support (for non-Americas-led customers) “Battle Plans” in collaboration with other regions.
- Develop customer as per development strategy outlined in “Battle Plan” in close collaboration with other regions’ RCMs.
- Functionally lead and direct regional and country resources to identify and develop opportunities.
- Maximize profitability on incremental and new revenue by developing individual customer pricing strategies in conjunction with customer pricing team.
- Collaborate with other business units to develop Express Americas revenue.
- Monitor the account performance in close cooperation with MNC Sales Support teams.
- Manage 10 to 15 MNC customers at regional level.
- Manage, maintain and improve the customers’ profitability.
- Develop and implement the account strategy with account owner.
- Create, manage and grow the sales pipeline.
- Achieve agreed revenue and profit targets.
- Monitor financial health of accounts and take steps to assure profitability.
- Work within specified personal cost budget.
- Manage the matrix and direct country sales staff assigned to MNC customers.
- This role can be based in Texas / Major Metro Market.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in related field or MS/MA and a minimum of 5 years experience in related field. Professional certification required in some areas.
- Must possess 8 years commercial experience and minimum of 3 years in strategic customer sales.
- Seasoned professional, concerned with problems that have a direct and important effect on business programs and results.
- Serves as consultant to management on major matters pertaining to policies, plans, and objectives.
- State-of-the-art knowledge of technologies, processes, and practices.
- Previous experience required in enterprise customer support, preferably in Energy, Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
DHL Express Regional Office Americas
Work Permit Required