Business Development Manager (North Side)
DHL Supply Chain, part of the EUR 56.6bn DPDHL Group, is the world’s leading contract logistics provider. Combining value-added and management services with traditional fulfilment and distribution, our customized, integrated logistics solutions drive efficiency, improve quality and create competitive advantage.
DHL Supply Chain offers specialist, proven expertise within the Automotive, Consumer, Chemicals, Energy, Engineering & Manufacturing, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Retail and Technology sectors. As today’s global markets grow, our innovative logistics solutions are ready to help.
- Identify and engage prospective partners to form strategic relationships and working with coaches to influence decision makers
- Development and negotiation of commercial framework and KPI's (work with Key Account Management)
- Develop and deliver plans and solutions focusing on growth and managing new business pipeline
- Maintain and report pipeline updates to all stake holders
- Ensure accuracy of information on CRM database on weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Target potential customers though market research and knowledge and manage pipeline
- Develop network through DHL BU’s and industry leaders to as another avenue for prospecting
- Conduct Pricing, develop proposal for new business to achieve commercial target
- RFQ management and coordination of solution design and operations teams.
- Create value proposition, client presentation to maximize the account's profit and revenue (For new business, i.e. new customer)
- Negotiate key contract clauses and engaging regional risk and legal teams in the process
- Be the customer's consultant in finding win-win solution in where DHL value can be added
- Competitive analysis & market research
- Market knowledge of potential customers (current incumbents and tenure)
- Perform gap analysis between reality and tendered business
- Identify additional business or new scope to maximize customer's portfolio and manage O2D process
- Identify key areas for continuous improvement and implement initiatives & solutions to maximize service performance by closely collaborating with operations team
- Process BCA & CAP
- Support regional/global account management team to develop the accounts in other countries by sharing of best practice, case study, available information
- Min 3-year experience in Logistics/Supply Chain Strategic Sales /Business Development or 5 years in other industry Sales/BD
- Bachelor Degree in Foreign Trade, Economics, Logistics/Supply Chain Management or any relevant degree
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn