Senior Application Support Specialist - MCT
DHL is hiring a Senior Application Support Specialist for its Heredia office.In this role, you will be 2nd level technical support for Multi-Channel Tool. You will effectively manage maximum availability and minimize disruption to the Multi-Channel Tool Service (MCT) and ensure that all agreed targets, SLA's and Metrics are met. You will provide service consultation, guidance and problem solving expertise with respect to complex technical issues, supports internal improvement initiatives and projects relating to MCT.In the event of an emergency incident, you will actively manage the target resolution.This is a technical role that requires a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical support with experience in troubleshooting. Additional skills and responsibilities include:
• Application support experience with Multi Channel Tools an advantage
• Experience with Linux, Oracle 10G, SQL, Weblogic, and Windows 2008 required.Powershell scripting experience highly preferred.
• Deliver assigned services according to agreed SLA’s (TRT, Availability, and Performance)
• Act as a primary operational point of contact for all RUN related aspects of the service (Incident Management, Problem Management, Capacity Management, SW patching etc.)
• Maintain service production and pre-production environments and systems
• Drive Service Improvement Plans to continuously improve service performance
• Conduct detailed analysis of all defined systems-specifications and validate solutions being delivered by projects
• Perform capacity planning, monitoring and systems tuning to ensure service availability and performance
• Assess implementation options and recommend appropriate processes to clients
• Ensure adherence to testing and installation procedures and resolve deviations
• Follow quality standards and policies
• Interact with members of the IT community and business to address both run and build/project topics
• Good understanding of IT infrastructure (HW, network, OS, DB, middleware)
• Very good communication skills
• Very good analytical skills and structured approach
• Organizational skills, experience with matrix management
• Ability to work independently, self-motivation and self-confidence
• Strong customer focus
• Fluent English (written and spoken) required
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Facts and Figures
DHL Information Services (Americas), Inc.