JUNIOR LEGAL ANALYST
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent across the globe. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the world’s largest leaders in logistics and supply chain solutions
DHL is hiring a Junior Legal Analyst to join its Heredia, Costa Rica team. In this role, you will provide support to the senior legal analyst based in Florida and legal counsel in the region in various administrative and legal tasks. Under the direct supervision of a legal counsel or senior legal analyst, provide assistance in preparing, organizing and maintaining legal documents and reports. Handle sensitive information. Review and preparation of Non-Disclosure Agreements.Manage assigned projects.Provide analytical support to legal department with projects or initiatives.
- Review low /medium value supplier agreements, NDA’s and subcontract agreements.
- Liaising with Legal Counsels and Legal Controllers and BPO.
- Researches, interprets and prepares legal documents.
- May assist in sourcing, soliciting, and collaborating with external legal.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of various reports, including litigation reports, legal hold reports and accrual reports.
- Coordinate the electronic execution and storage of legal contracts.
- Assist with the processing and completion of check requests for accounts payable.
- Assist in the maintenance of document management file system for legal department to maintain corporate, litigation, labor, regulatory and contract information.
- May process and coordinate department accounts payable and expense vouchers.
- Research, preparation and coordination of routine regulatory filings.
- Provide support with billing and manually uploading invoices in ishare.
- Payment Status.
- Provide support with investigations.
- DocuSing signature process.
- Recurring monthly and quarterly reporting (IWS, DGF Monthly Reports, ELC, Compliance, and Legal Fees.
- Audit of Legal Entities/Foreign Jurisdiction.
- Assistance in the management of Corporate Records.
- Knows fundamental law concepts, practices and procedures of general law practice or a particular field of specialization.
- English proficiency (Essential).
- Three to five years’ experience as a legal assistant or secretary in corporate law settings.
- Highly organised
- Effective communicator
- Ability to build rapport with key internal contacts
- Flexible team player
- Word processing functions, including expert proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to operate PC-based software programs and automated business systems.
- Ability to effectively and accurately perform assignments to meet performance goals within established guidelines and deadlines.
- Ability to operate various pieces of office equipment including, but not limited to: typewriter, computer, keyboard, mouse, ten-key calculator, fax machine, photocopier and phones as required by position.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, stoop or lift up to twenty-five pounds.
- Ability to respond to requests for information in a clear and understandable manner, both via telephone and in writing.
- Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods.
- Ability to retrieve information from computers, files, manuals and directories.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both in writing and orally, in both one-on-one and group-presentation situations. Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks from multiple individuals.
- Advanced knowledge of PCs, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and graphics applications. Experience in database management systems preferred.
- Law Degree is optional
DPDHL offers excellent opportunities of professional growth, with attractive benefits package and competitive salary conditions.
Facts and Figures
7 to 4
DHL Global Business Services Americas
Work Permit Required
Day time only