Material Handler (CAN) - 4498 - Fort Saskatchewan AB CNRC (Fort Saskatchewan, AB)
Shift/Hours: Monday to Friday
Hours - 7:30AM to 4:00PM, 3:30PM to midnight
Please note, this position is at an industrial plant site NE of Fort Saskatchewan. Reliable transportation is a requirement as there is no public transit.
Overview: DHL Supply Chain provides third party distribution of parts and components on behalf of our client. Material Handlers support client needs through ensuring the accurate day to day functions of the position are complete. The Associates communicate and strive to meet organizational targets through a team based environment and approach. They are responsible to follow company policies and support the safe and positive work culture that makes our company an Employer of Choice for Associates and First Choice for customers.
- Previous experience in an oil field/warehouse setting is preferred
- Experience in Receiving, Shipping, Loading/Unloading, Inventory Counts
- Experience using forklifts and other Material Handling Equipment.
- Is dependable and process oriented
- Must be both a team player and be able to work independently, detail oriented and possess an ability to multitask, work efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment
- Must have CSTS qualifications or willing to attain it prior to hire
- Must have a valid forklift certification
- Must be able to physically lift 50 lbs
Must be willing to undergo the security clearance process consisting of a Background Check and a Drug & Alcohol test.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00 /hour
Responsible for operating powered equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting product. Responsible for checking all inbound and outbound products. Ensures products are free of damage and infestation, product code dates are properly recorded and products match customer requirements.
- Physically load product onto equipment, pallets or totes more than 20% of specified shift.
- Put-away and pick product for shipment or stock. Insure the exact number and type of products, ordered by the customer, are checked and loaded correctly.
- Compare the quantity, quality, labeling, and address with the customer’s order to ensure outgoing product shipments are complete and correct.
- Changes equipment battery or LP tank and monitors power source as necessary.
- Verify and report discrepancies such as non-available products and OS&D.
- Maintain the facility and the facility’s equipment in a neat, clean, orderly fashion. Inspect all operated equipment daily.
- Complete daily inspection of equipment.
- Assist in physical inventories.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Forklift certificate or satisfactory completion of a forklift-training program is required within the first 30 days of employment
- Six months warehouse experience, preferred
- Six months forklift operation experience, prefer
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request.
Facts and Figures